Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Preview: Postale Module

Go to End

32 Posts   3219 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

8 May 2010 at 4:59am

Hi, Everyone,

I'll be releasing a robust private messaging module very soon. Features include:

• * Threads, messages, users
    * Multiple users/messages per thread
    * Message creation with live search for adding/removing recipients
    * Pagination
    * Message search
    * Show all, unread, sent, deleted
    * Mark as unread, read, deleted
    * Email notification
    * Live notification for active sessions
    * Global functions decorated into SiteTree including: $NewMessagesCount and $SendMessageLink for access to module features on any page
    * Loaded with AJAX
    * Graceful degradation for non-javascript users

Screenshots

NickJacobs

Community Member, 144 Posts

8 May 2010 at 12:35pm

Hey UC, this looks awesome...can't wait to see it and try it out!

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

14 May 2010 at 7:09pm

UC, that looks amazing. Can't say I have a use for it at this point, but I hope I do :)

Which script did you use for the live search/multiple recipient field? I was just preparing to create my own field using a jquery version.

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 1:54am

Thanks for the feedback! I used FCBKComplete: http://www.emposha.com/javascript/fcbkcomplete.html

AdamJ

15 May 2010 at 2:06am

sweet! I was tossing up between FCBKComplete and this one: http://devthought.com/projects/jquery/textboxlist/

Any timeline on release? (I'd love to get my hands on that field ;) )

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 2:27am

Wow! That looks much more mature than the one I chose. Too bad the demo doesn't work! :(

I'm delaying the release to give me a chance to clear my plate so I'll be able to handle writing documentation and supporting it, etc. The genesis of the module is that it's a component to a social networking site I've been working on since the beginning of the year, so once that goes into beta, the module will be well-tested and I'll put it up here. Still a little buggy.

AdamJ

15 May 2010 at 2:39am

Oh wow, that demo was working when I posted that comment, must have gone down right after!

Like I said though, I was looking to make a pretty similar field (although mine would have been lackluster in comparison to yours I'm sure...). If there is any way I could help you out and possibly get a copy of that field pre-release, let me know! :)

UncleCheese

15 May 2010 at 2:53am

Yeah, the only thing is, I didn't bundle up the field as an object. Kind of stupid, now that I think about it! I'll give it a go if I have time today.

Go to Top