Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

How to pull upcoming events but from one of two calendar

3 Posts   955 Views

otherjohn

Community Member, 125 Posts

4 June 2010 at 9:49am

Hi all,
I have the event-calendar setup for regular calendar use. Then I created a module that is an extension of the event calendar that is for certain group meetings. This one is extended with event address, map, etc.

On the homepage of the site, I would like to pull upcoming events, but only from the regular calendar. Not from the extended one.

When I use the following code in my page.php file, it pulls back events from the extended calendar.

public function UpcomingNonAnnouncements()
{
return DataObject::get_one("Calendar")->upcomingEvents(5);
}

Any idea how I can fix this?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

4 June 2010 at 12:48pm

get_one("Calendar") is just going to select one arbitrarily. You need to add more criteria if you want to get a specific one.

Keep in mind, the UpcomingEvents() function that is decorated into all SiteTree objects takes a URLSegment as a second argument..

<% control UpcomingEvents(5,some-calendar) %>

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

19 October 2011 at 3:59pm

Edited: 19/10/2011 5:35pm

Hi Uncle Cheese,

Is there a way I can test for if there are any upcoming events in a calendar? Essentially I have a sidebar block on my homepage showing my latest events, incluidng a headline of Latest Events. If there are no events I want the whole block to not be displayed.