Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Workflow installation problems

Go to End

42 Posts   5743 Views

Junglefish

Community Member, 109 Posts

10 June 2010 at 2:18am

However, I'm afraid we're not out of the woods yet...

According to the pdf documentation that comes with rc3, in the main navigation I should now have a ROLES tab. I don't.

In the CMS, in the SECURITY tab in the old CMS.2.3.3 I had three sub-tabs, MEMBERS, PERMISSIONS, IP ADDRESSES. Now under 2.4.0 with the rc3 cms workflow I have MEMBERS, IMPORT, ROLES.

So, I've made best guesses at how to set up Roles, Groups and Access, referring to the rc4 documentation and just crossing my fingers a bit.

**** But none of the pages now publish! ****

I hit 'Save and Publish', I get the little popup dialogue box asking for a comment, hit 'OK' and the page says "Error saving content".

So... firstly, do you have pdf documentation for the rc3 release?
Secondly, do you suspect I still have an installation problem, perhaps maybe I now have some sort of 'hybrid' installation where the rc3 release doesn't work properly with CMS.2.4.0?

jf/

Junglefish

10 June 2010 at 2:31am

Oh, it gets worse...

Am I right in thinking that the "Scheduling publication (embargo and expiry)" feature is not present in the rc3 release? I certainly don't see it in the Workflow tab.

The main reason I need cmsworkflow at all is because of this feature. If it's not in rc3 then I have to use the rc4 release, in which case we can ignore all of the rc3 installation problems in my latest post and focus entirely on getting the rc4 release to work.

jf/

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

11 June 2010 at 11:08am

I've set up a new 2.4.0 installation with cmsworkflow rc4, and that is working. The CMS loads without problem, and the workflow itself is working as it should. This is on OS X with MySQL. I haven't included other modules.

Is there anything in the config for the site that could affect the behaviour? What set-up have you included for cmsworkflow (by default, it is configured for two-step workflow).

A couple of things you could try:
- try sapphire and cms 2.4 trunk, and use cmsworkflow rc4 which you can get via svn from http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/sapphire/branches/2.4 and cms/branches/2.4.
- remove some of the other modules and rebuild. It is possible there is an interaction problem between CMS workflow and another module. I'm not sure how well DataObjectManager works with 2.4, or what version of that you're running.

Be sure to always clear the temp folder to ensure there is no residue from the manifest, which can make diagnosing issues very confusing.

The documentation is slightly out of date with respect to roles, that will be updated when we get release 1.0.

Mark

Junglefish

11 June 2010 at 8:10pm

Hi Mark

Firstly, I'm running on WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP).

I've stripped everything down so I ONLY have the basic SS setup plus cmsworkflow-rc4. My folder structure looks like this:
/assets
/cms
/cmsworkflow
/jsparty
/mysite
/sapphire
/themes

dev/build runs okay

*** Cannot load SS. Same problem as before, the splashscreen just says "Loading..." and goes no further. ***

So, can you help with the following questions?

>>Is there anything in the config for the site that could affect the behaviour?

My SS _config.php files are all untouched and are therefore out-of-the-box. What "config" are you referring to exactly?

>>What set-up have you included for cmsworkflow (by default, it is configured for two-step workflow)?

I have just imported it without any amendments, so it is therefore configured for two-step.

>>Be sure to always clear the temp folder to ensure there is no residue from the manifest, which can make diagnosing issues very confusing.

Which temp folder?

jf/

patjnr

Community Member, 102 Posts

11 June 2010 at 8:26pm

Hi

If you have jsparty in your folder structure then YOU ARE NOT RUNNING SS ver 2.4 and workflow will never ever work.

workflow runs on 2.4 only

Thx

PAt

patjnr

Community Member, 102 Posts

11 June 2010 at 8:28pm

If you upgraded from an earlier ver please delete JSPARTY folder

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

11 June 2010 at 8:57pm

Hi.

jsparty is not distributed with 2.4 any more. The javascript files in there have been moved into sapphire and cms. The only reason it should possibly be there is if you are using jsparty libraries in your custom code. If you are, I'd strongly recommend changing the custom code to point to where the libraries are now. If your custom code is not referencing jsparty, remove it.

If you have upgraded by unzipping the 2.4 sources over the top of the 2.3 sources, that is likely to cause issues. sapphire and cms from 2.3 need to be removed *completely* before extracting the 2.4 sources into the silverstripe directory, as some 2.3 PHP files have also been made obsolete.

SilverStripe will use a temp directory somewhere. that depends on your setup. It can be silverstripe-cache in the root directory of the silverstripe install, or it may be somewhere else. It will have possibly hundreds of files that silverstripe generates on a dev/build, which are used for performance reasons. You can remove these files - silverstripe will regenerate them. Occasionally old files in the temp directory get sapphire confused, so blatting them can reduce the chances of that.

Mark

Junglefish

11 June 2010 at 9:10pm

Pat

Yes, I upgraded from 2.3.3.

So, we have progress. I deleted the jsparty folder, imported the cmsworkflow rc4 folder and -- woo hoo! -- the CMS loads and seems to be working okay (at first glance anyway).

So, the next question is, how do I get Embargo Dates to work? The documentation as Mark says is not correct, and I don't see Embargo Dates in the workflow tab. Are you able to send me some documentation or instructions?

jf/