Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Workflow installation problems

Go to End

42 Posts   5744 Views

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

11 June 2010 at 9:18pm

From memory, the publisher sets the embargo date and time at the point that they approve the workflow. So author creates, requests publication, and publisher looks at the workflow tab when they get the request. I'm sure it's on there.

Mark

Junglefish

Community Member, 109 Posts

11 June 2010 at 9:33pm

Hmm...

So, if I am logged in as an administrator and I write an article that I want to embargo until tomorrow noon, how do I do that?

jf/

mark_s

11 June 2010 at 9:55pm

The embargo is edited on the workflow at the time of publishing, so a change has to be requested to be published. An administrator can't do this directly. You'll need to set up an author role, an authors group that uses that role, and add an author user to the group. Then on sitetree, change the permissions so that authors can edit all pages, and administrators can publish.

Mark

Junglefish

11 June 2010 at 10:03pm

So does that mean that a single 'user' cannot write and embargo an article without having to logout and login as someone else?

jf/

mark_s

11 June 2010 at 10:14pm

As at RC4, I think the Request Publication button is present, even for administrators. So to do what you want, as an admin you can request publication of a change you make, which will give you a workflow request.

I committed a change to trunk of cmsworkflow (earlier today in fact) that removes the request publication button from administrators and publishers. This was filed as a ticket on open.silverstripe.org, as a bug. It would appear that different people want to use workflow differently (some people want to bypass it, some don't), so it probably should be an option if you want that behaviour or not. I may revert the change to trunk (it won't effect whats in RC4 that you have installed), and see if a better solution can be found for the 1.0 final that provides the flexibility.

Mark

Junglefish

11 June 2010 at 10:30pm

Edited: 11/06/2010 10:31pm

In the version of rc4 that I currently have, there is no Request Publication button for Admins. So which version do I need that will best suit my requirements?

[For info - my system has a very small number of users, all with full Admin rights. They are all equal in heirarchy. And they want to be able to write articles and embargo them for future publication.]

jf/

mark_s

11 June 2010 at 10:40pm

Ok, so you're just using the module for embargo only. There is a simpler module called embargoexpiry ([[http://silverstripe.org/embargo-expiry-module/]]). Version 0.2.2 is supposed to work with 2.4, although I haven't used that personally. I think the intention is that cmsworkflow will replace embargoexpiry, but the latter should work for you now. cmsworkflow comes from a different, more complex set of use cases, of which embargo and expiry is just one. But we may have a little work to do to make it work for the simpler use case out of the box.

Mark

Junglefish

11 June 2010 at 10:51pm

Do you know if embargoexpiry will work with various different pagetypes? Eg. ArticlePage, CalendarEvent, etc?

[Just thought I'd ask first, before trying to plug it in and see...]

jf/