Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Workflow installation problems

Go to End

42 Posts   5742 Views

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

8 June 2010 at 2:34pm

Hi.

I'm not aware of any specific incompatibility between cmsworkflow and the other modules you're using. I have worked on 2 major projects using CMS workflow and all the other modules except event calendar, and it has worked OK.

The zip problem sounds like php.ini is trying to load the zip module twice. See if that is the case, or disable zip from loading to see if you can get rid of the warning, and let us know how you get on.

Another thing to try is load the CMS and see if that leaves anything in apache's error log.

Mark

Junglefish

Community Member, 109 Posts

8 June 2010 at 7:41pm

I think the PHP error is a red herring. That error has been turning up in my PHP logs for months it seems and the CMS has been running fine. This morning I disabled zip from loading and although the PHP error went away, the CMS is still failing to load.

Regarding Apache, I find this in the error logs:
[Tue Jun 08 09:21:49 2010] [error] [client 158.166.236.29] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/[my path]/SilverStripe/OlafIntranet, referer: http://dev-intranet/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin%2F
[Tue Jun 08 09:21:49 2010] [error] [client 158.166.236.29] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/[my path]/SilverStripe/OlafIntranet, referer: http://dev-intranet/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin%2F

And CMS still not loading...

Junglefish

9 June 2010 at 2:41am

C'mon you big-brained people! :-)

Has anyone ever experienced a situation where the CMS just won't load up? (See opening post). And if so, what caused it?

jf/

mark_s

9 June 2010 at 12:53pm

Edited: 09/06/2010 12:54pm

I don't know about anyone else, but my brain has shrunk in the cold :-p

Does the site run without cmsworkflow? i.e. after upgrading to 2.4, and with cmsworkflow not installed, does the CMS still misbehave? If you remove cmsworkflow, make sure the cache in the temp directory is cleared so there is no residue.

Mark

Junglefish

9 June 2010 at 7:31pm

Hi Mark

Yes, the CMS 2.4.0 works perfectly fine without cmsworkflow.

Not sure which temp directory you were referring to, but I emptied out C:\wamp\tmp and tried everything again - same result, CMS won't get past the splash screen.

[Nice and toasty over here in Europe btw]

jf/

mark_s

9 June 2010 at 10:46pm

Jealous.

Can you confirm for me exactly which versions/revisions of sapphire, cms and cmsworkflow you're using?

Mark

mark_s

9 June 2010 at 10:46pm

Jealous.

Can you confirm for me exactly which versions/revisions of sapphire, cms and cmsworkflow you're using?

Mark

Junglefish

9 June 2010 at 11:58pm

Hi Mark

CMS and Sapphire came from the latest download available, "silverstripe-v2.4.0".
CMSWorkflow was version "cmsworkflow-v1.0-rc4".

And now some news...

I tried installing an earlier version of CMSWorkflow, "cmsworkflow-v1.0-rc3", and it's working!

What do you think??

jf/