Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

UserForms and MathSpamProtection

6 Posts   1378 Views

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

17 June 2010 at 1:29am

I´m a fan of MathSpamProtection, it works better than Mollom an is easier to use than reCaptcha. I want to secure a form created with the UserForms module using MathSpamProtection. Is that an easy task?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 June 2010 at 5:12pm

Just had a look and MathSpamProtection isn't even a form field, just some sessions and text fields which would be trickier to use UF with. Ideally MathSpamProtection would be a form field then it would be easy to make a UF form field. Wrapping that in a FormField might be a good enhancement.

Actually what do you think of bundling the MathSpamProtection with the SpamProtector module - then using MathSpam would be easier since SpamProtection hooks are in alot of the built in forms. Much cleaner.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

17 June 2010 at 6:35pm

Thanks for Your hint Willr. I will have a look into that.

RichMcNabb

Community Member, 34 Posts

7 September 2010 at 3:36pm

Hi Baba-Papa & Willr,

I'm looking at doing the same thing for the same reasons - how'd you get on. If you got it working are you able to let me know how you got this to work? Cheers!

- Rich

RichMcNabb

Community Member, 34 Posts

7 September 2010 at 3:36pm

Hi Baba-Papa & Willr,

I'm looking at doing the same thing for the same reasons - how'd you get on. If you got it working are you able to let me know how you got this to work? Cheers!

- Rich

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

21 September 2010 at 4:26am

Hi all,

Since, for whatever reason, Mollom suddenly tries to keep me from posting to my own sites, I've been looking in other directions as well. I did a simple first setup for just the above and it seems to be working for a custom form as well as the userforms. I've documented it on my log - you're welcome to have a look (and let me know if it makes any sense this way):

www.balbus.tk/implementing-mathspamprotection/

Martine