Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

EventCalendar: Cannot choose start and end date

Go to End

8 Posts   1625 Views

ivegg

Community Member, 7 Posts

29 June 2010 at 7:15pm

Hello all

I installed silverstripe 2.4. Everything is ok. Now i decided to install the event calendar module. I took the latest version from the svn repository and installed it as described. I also had to add DataObjectManager and Legacydatetimefields. Additionally i had to replace 'Database' with 'DB' in RecurringDayofWeek.php and RecurringDayofMonth.php to get it working. Now i can create a new calendar without any problem. But when i want to create a new CalendarEvent it's impossible to choose start and end dates. The textfields seem to be locked (disabled) and there is no datechooser. Can anybody help me please?

-ivegg

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

30 June 2010 at 1:43am

Sounds like you got the wrong version. DB was changed to Database in 2.4, so if you're running 2.3, you need to get the 2.3 version of EventCalendar:

svn co http://bluehousegroup.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/branches/2.3/event_calendar

ivegg

30 June 2010 at 1:50am

hi UncleCheese

Well, you are right. I got confused, actually i didnt replace the Database with DB. I definately got Silverstripe 2.4. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks
-ivegg

UncleCheese

30 June 2010 at 2:05am

There are no date pickers in the popup window? You click on the text fields and nothing happens? Are there any javascript errors?

ivegg

30 June 2010 at 2:14am

Hi

I just tried again. Nothing happens..Nothing at all. There are no javascript errors. However, what i noticed was that the layout doesn't seem to be alright. For example the table with added dates and times seems not having been affected by css ...somehow. There are also some css warnings. Pls look at the 2 screenshots i took.

Thanx for further help
-ivegg

Attached Files
UncleCheese

30 June 2010 at 2:38am

Don't forget to rename your module folders.. "event_calendar" and "dataobject_manager".. otherwise, the CSS and javascript dependencies can't be found.

ivegg

30 June 2010 at 2:44am

...THANK YOU!!! :)

...for the quick answer. Indeed the problem was that the folder's name was not dataobject_manager. It's supposed to work now. i also have the module legacydatetimefields. The folder for this is called legacydatetimefields-trunk-r100315. Do you think i have to rename it to make things working properly?

-ivegg

UncleCheese

30 June 2010 at 3:06am

Usually, if there are JS or CSS dependencies. When you get modules with SVN, it's usually not an issue, but the SS download page appends the rev numbers to the folders and it can cause problems. Future versions of my modules will check to see if the parent directory is correctly named.