Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Sphinx 0.1: $SphinxSearchForm / no enabled local indexes to search

59 Posts   12506 Views

Enclave SSC

Community Member, 31 Posts

24 July 2010 at 1:22am

UPDATE: Got the form up by using the advice initially provided. Upon searching and with much excitement in the air I was disappointed to get a blank screen :/ "search?Search=test&action_getResults=Go"

I am trying to debug this at the moment.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

24 July 2010 at 11:47pm

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply

I'm away from the office at the mo, but back on Wednesday will try again then :)

Aram

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 1:22am

I am still stuck with a blank page upon searching any query.

My result for Sphinx/diagnose is:

NOTICES: - Database type: mysql - Database server: 127.0.0.1 - Database port: 3306 - Database props: sphinxss_db - Sphinx listening to: /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-sphinxss/sphinx/searchd.sock - Sphinx configuration location is /tmp/silverstripe-cache-var-www-sphinxss/sphinx - Sphinx binary locations: /usr/local/bin/indexer, /usr/local/bin/searchd, /usr/local/bin/search

Aram if you get to this point and figure something out then please let me know.

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

26 July 2010 at 9:09am

Hi. When you say you're getting a blank page, are you getting an error (e.g. a 500 error), or just no search results?

Mark

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 9:26am

Edited: 26/07/2010 9:27am

Hi Mark, apologies if I was unclear. The page is completely blank and there is no error in my Apache error log. This has me scratching my head.

I am thus not getting any search results.

Enclave SSC

26 July 2010 at 9:21pm

http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/stable/sphinx-v0.2.tar.gz is corrupt under the modules section. Just thought I would mention this aswell.

Enclave SSC

27 July 2010 at 2:04am

Edited: 27/07/2010 11:24am

I think it is just that the results are not rendered with any template.

Do I need to create my own result template and controller?, if so can anyone help me out with a sample or will the module default to the Page_results.ss template?

UPDATE:

I overwrote ContentControllerSearchExtension and reference SphinxSearchForm. Also set allowed actions on the relevant controllers. I now get results but had to manually add my custom class to the $classesToSearch.

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

27 July 2010 at 8:25pm

Hi.

Firstly, thanks for letting us know the download is corrupt. I'll have a look into this.

Secondly, sphinx module contains a basic SearchForm, but output rendering is not part of the module. The core concept is the module handles the indexing, and when you perform a search it returns the resulting DataObjects.

It is not as integrated into the regular search as I would like, although this is likely to improve over time.

Mark