Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgrading CMSWorkflow

Go to End

4 Posts   963 Views

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

18 August 2010 at 9:14pm

Hi All,

I am having some issues upgrading some SS 2.3.x sites to 2.4.1 when they have been using the CMSworkflow module. There seems to be a problem with the SiteTree_Versions table, that means I have had to delete it and rebuild (which obviously looses the version history).

Any one else had this problem? I would prefer to keep this table, is there a fix?

Cheers,

Mo

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 August 2010 at 10:34pm

Could be the same issue that I reported a couple hours ago. Whats the error message you get - http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5936.

Mo

19 August 2010 at 2:22am

I get a javascript popup whenever I view or save a page with the message:

"Error in LeftAndMain_right.js CMSForm.loadNewPage: Cannot read property 'location' of null"

I haven't been getting the error you reported for this site. But for an earlier one that I have now updated, I did get the same error as you.

The version history wasn't so important for that site though, so I deleted the versions table, rebuilt, and it worked.

Mo

Mo

20 August 2010 at 4:18am

Ok, Just realised my first post was slightly inaccurate. I don't have to delete the "_versions" tables, I have to delete all the specific workflow tables.

Not quite as bad, but you still loose some helpful audit logs.

Is this something we just have to grin and bear, or is it likely to be fixed?

Mo