Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[SOLVED] Controller does not hold correct Model!?!

2 Posts   706 Views

chrclaus

Community Member, 29 Posts

12 August 2010 at 9:11pm

Edited: 13/08/2010 12:04am

Hello,

I created a new page MyNewPage by extending UserDefinedForm and created the controller (extending UserDefinedForm_Controller) too. The page itself contains getter-methods to access the db-fields. A new site in CMS was created.

By sending an AJAX-Request, handled in the controller, I want to access this getter-method by

$this->data()->myGetter();

I got an error message "Object->__call(): the method 'myGetter' does not exist on 'Page'. I am wondering about the resulting type of $this->data() beeing type Page. I expected the page type MyNewPage.
By investigating the situation, I found a code snippet in the constructor of ContentController. At this point (line 41 in v2.4.1), the class-variable $dataRecord is set = new Page(); if the dataRecord was not given as parameter. I don´t understand this relation, why $dataRecord is not set to the correct model-instance of MyNewPage.

I think, the problem is related to the AJAX-url, with which the determination of a concrete instance is not possible. Is the only solution to determine the dataObject by myself in handling the AJAX-Request?

Best regards,
chrclaus

chrclaus

Community Member, 29 Posts

13 August 2010 at 12:03am

Hello,

I found the problem by myself - sometimes it´s a good idea to write a problem down to a paper to get a different point of view ;-).

The problem is the url, specified in the AJAX-request. I used the url MyNewPage_Controller/action with which it is not possible to determine a concrete dataobject. After switching to the page-link /mysites/mynewpage/action the underlying data-model is set correctly.

Best regards,
chrclaus