Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

newsletter template path

Go to End

14 Posts   2897 Views

firstpixel

Community Member, 18 Posts

2 August 2010 at 5:33pm

I am running newsletter v0.4.0-rc1 on 2.4 and having some trouble with the template. I created the template Newsletter.ss in the folder email. But no matter where I put the folder (themes/xxx/templates/, newsletter/templates/, or even mysite/) I don't get anything in the selectbox in the admin. I tried to set the paths in the configs both with $template_paths and $template_path.

There is a function in the NewsletterAdmin.php which even should get the templates without setting the path in the config. Why then do I only have "None" in the template selectbox?

Has anyone managed to run the newsletter module on 2.4 with a custom template?

Thanks a lot.

Mad_Clog

Community Member, 78 Posts

2 August 2010 at 7:31pm

Try /mysite/templates/Email
Also, don't forget to ?flush=1 just to be sure

firstpixel

3 August 2010 at 10:34am

Doesn't help. I still don't get any template selection.

Mad_Clog

3 August 2010 at 7:30pm

Well i just did a little test adding a file 'test.ss' to said folder.
When i logged into the CMS, i could pick 'test' from the template dropdown.
So it IS working here...

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

3 August 2010 at 8:42pm

This is probably a version issue. I'm running on the latest version of ss (2.4.1) and newsletter module and I'm getting the same issue. Dumping out some of the variables I noticed that the theme is not set when AJAX requests are sent and there's a bug report for it [url=http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5872]here[/url].

Mad_Clog can you tell us which version you're running on?

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

3 August 2010 at 8:48pm

A workaround for the Newsletter module is to move your newsletter templates to your project folder instead. It checks for templates in project-folder/templates/email and project-folder/templates/Email as well after checking the theme folder (which isn't working right now).

Mad_Clog

3 August 2010 at 9:08pm

I'm running SS 2.4.1 and for the newsletter module I'm using the latest trunk build (if i remember correctly)

firstpixel

4 August 2010 at 9:06am

It's running now on my website:

The template must be locaded in "mysite/templates/email", in my case it's named "Newsletter.ss".

I went to the database with PhpMyAdmin and in the table "NewsletterType" I put "Newsletter" into the field "Template".

Not very nice but I needed to get it running now. With the next installation I will try again and hopefully it will run straight away...

Thanks.

Go to Top