Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SWFUpload file size algorithm broken

3 Posts   1103 Views

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

29 July 2010 at 3:23pm

I'm not sure what's wrong but the algorithms for calculating file sizes are broken in SWFUpload.

For example, I have the max upload size set to 400M via SWFUploadConfig. However, it's refusing files 400M or smaller. Perplexing. So I threw it into debug mode and in the debug output I found out it was somehow converting to 409600 bytes. That only comes out to 0.4M... no wonder my files were getting turned down.

Anyway, I got around this by setting it to an absurd 400000M. :) But does anyone know if this is a known bug, if there is a solution?

Stats:

SS 2.3.6 hosted on CentOS server
SWFUpload Version 2.2.0 Alpha

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

29 July 2010 at 3:42pm

Kind of a tricky one, here. Look at /swfupload/_config.php, and you'll see how the file_size_limit is assigned to the JS object. SWFUpload wants you to use the unit "MB", not "M". Kind of silly, and should be idiot-proofed, but I'm sunsetting this module very soon in favor of a much more flexible and extensible plugin that hopefully won't give us this much grief.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

29 July 2010 at 3:55pm

Yes, I see a str_replace on line 10 which apparently is an attempt at idiot-proofing it.