Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Help needed for SWFUpload module

7 Posts   918 Views

quiet_islander

Community Member, 17 Posts

12 July 2010 at 1:09pm

Hi, all:

I am trying to add the SWFUpload module to my CMS forms. However, as long as I added a line "$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.File", new SWFUploadFileIFrameField('BigFile','Upload a file'), 'Photo');" (as stated on the documentation page), I get an empty admin page. By empty, I mean there is nothing on the page at all.

Does anyone has a solution for that?

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4092 Posts

12 July 2010 at 1:57pm

SWFUploadFileIFrameField hasn't been supported in a long time. It needs to be taken out of the module. It never worked right.

The SWFUpload module is being replaced by a new plugin as we speak, and what you're looking for will be supported. Just writing up some docs and finishing some CSS before releasing it, so stay tuned.

quiet_islander

12 July 2010 at 1:58pm

I found some more info. When I try to open the page with swfupload on it in CMS, I get stuck with the ajax loading. From Firebugs, I get "500 Internal Server Error". Any ideas?

quiet_islander

12 July 2010 at 2:00pm

Thanks for the reply.
I really need a project done today. Is there an alternative plugin which can achieve the multiple upload and progress bar feature?

UncleCheese

12 July 2010 at 2:03pm

If you're dealing with multiple uploads, you shouldn't be using SWFUploadIFrameField. That's only for single files. You want AssetManager, which is part of the DOM package.

quiet_islander

12 July 2010 at 2:12pm

I checked the docs for data object manager but it seems that it still requires the swfupload one to work with bulk file upload.
I am on SS 2.4, is the module compatible?

UncleCheese

12 July 2010 at 2:33pm

Yup.