Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Userform - hidden forms with $Title

Go to End

11 Posts   4144 Views

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

1 October 2010 at 3:46am

Hi,

im using the userform, and i've created a function so that the same form appears on every page (instructions here: http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/267822?showPost=293032 )

but now i would like to include a hidden field that captures that page that the form was submitted via, i dont think i can use $Title in the "hidden field" section of the admin, as thats not allowed.

so i assumed i could place something like:

<input type="hidden" name="Page" value="$Title" />

to the template...but where?

any help would be much appreciated.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

1 October 2010 at 5:17am

Could you (and I am asking either you to look into it or "old & wiser") do something like this to display the form and other items and then add your value into it as requested...

<% control MyForm %>
<form $FormAttributes>
<fieldset>
<% control Fields %>
<!-- do stuff to render form items -->
<% end_control %>
</fieldset>
<!-- add your hidden field here -->
</form>
<% end_control %>

the "do stuff to render form items" should be possible because FormField has ->forTemplate() method, I have done something like it before, so you should be able to do this. Hope this helps.

Barry

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

1 October 2010 at 5:56am

I haven't tested this but my first guess would be to create a copy of /sapphire/templates/includes/Form.ss in the includes folder of your theme. Then between lines fourteen and fifteen add your hidden field, you'll probably need to place the title as $Top.Title to get the right value though.

CHD

2 October 2010 at 6:28am

i tried that Joshua... the hidden field appears correctly in the form, but the value is blank.
i tried $Title & $Top.Title - no luck.
any ideas?

CHD

2 October 2010 at 6:30am

also, when i replaced the value with "Test" that appears OK on the page (hidden) but doesn't come through in the email :(

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 176 Posts

6 October 2010 at 3:31am

Edited: 06/10/2010 3:32am

I would create a new field type and add that to the field, something along the lines of:

/userforms/code/editor/CurrentPageField.php

<?php
class EditableCurrentHiddenPageField extends EditableFormField {

static $singular_name = 'Current Page Hidden field';

static $plural_name = 'Current Page Hidden fields';

function getFormField() {
		return new HiddenField($this->Name, null, $this->Parent()->Title);
	}
}

EDIT: For easy upgrading etc., you would ideally place the additional code somewhere in the mysite/code folder, but it didn't seem to detect it running a quick test.

CHD

6 October 2010 at 3:33am

cool!

i think that makes sense to me... but i wont be able to test this until about 1 hour from now, so would you be able to add some more instructions for me??

im worried when i try (and probably fail) you wont be online and i'll be stuck!

thanks so much!

CHD

6 October 2010 at 4:01am

OK!
it worked...but it ALWAYS says services, because im repeating the form on EVERY page, but it originally resides on the "services" page...so how can i get it to pick up the page its appearing on, rather than the page it was made on?

does that make sense?

Go to Top