Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ModelAdmin: Permission Problem on FileIFrameField

Go to End

4 Posts   1211 Views

Ironcheese

Community Member, 36 Posts

11 October 2010 at 8:56pm

Edited: 11/10/2010 8:56pm

Hey there,
I have a problem with the backend user permissions and the FileIFrameField.
I made a screenshot:

I have some Usergroup which have access to only specific Modules in the Backend. With these restricted Users I get this Error in my FileIFrameField (see Screenshot). Is there any way to solve this? Even if I grant access to the Assest this Error shows up.

Thanks for any advice

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

11 October 2010 at 9:41pm

Hi,

I'd suggest this go into another area of the forum as both ModelAdmin and FileIFrameField are not attional modules but part of the cms/sapphire system.

Other that that I'd recommend making the user an admin to over come this - assuming that when logged in as an admin you can access this. Alternatively it could be folder permissions or you may need to add these are the functions to place within data objects to allow editing...

function canCreate() {return true;}
	function canEdit() {return true;}
	function canDelete() {return true;}

Barry

Ironcheese

Community Member, 36 Posts

11 October 2010 at 9:52pm

Hi swaiba,

I have all those functions (canCreate, canEdit, canDelete and even canView) in my DataObject.

You are right: if I'm logging in as Admin I have no problem and can access the FileUpload without trouble.
As soon I log in as a restricted User (e.g. that User belongs to a group that only has access permission to those two modules) I get that error.

..and sorry for posting in the wrong section, I did not know that the ModelAdmin aint a seperate Module. xD

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

11 October 2010 at 10:19pm

No worries about posting to the wrong place! I'm just concerned that you wouldn't get much of a response here on it - for eaxmple I rarely post here as I steer towards the core platform and do not wish to rely on modules.

Anyway...

please post your code and exact detail of users in order to replicate. I'd image that whichever core item is causing the problem could be overridden.

Barry