Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event_calendar having problems with FormName

Go to End

4 Posts   1998 Views

kenlomax

Community Member, 33 Posts

29 October 2010 at 7:27pm

Hi All.
I am still having trouble with event_calendar. Am using ss v2.4.2, dataobject_manager r511, legacydatetimefields trunk-r107809, event_calendar r116. I can create a Calendar page in the cms, but when I try to create a CalendarEvent sub=page I get the following error in my apache error_log: Fatal error: Call to member function FormName() on non-object on line 208 of ./sapphire/forms/DateField.php. Any ideas?
Looking at the forums would seem to indicate that this was a problem in moving from v2.3 to v2.4, but the indication is that it has been fixed, but this is not so on my site.
I have tried absolutley everything I could think of.

Ken

kenlomax

Community Member, 33 Posts

30 October 2010 at 11:20am

I have tried reverting back to ss v2.3.4 and found that I can create CalendarEvent sub-pages, but the calendar is not showing on the side (just says "Loading") and when I try to add a date to the Calendar event, Nothing can be entered into the dialog box.

This is turning very much into a deal-breaker for me. Unless I can get this solved soon one way or another I am going to have to look at a different CMS as this site needs to be up and running soon for my client.

Ken

QL Marketing

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 November 2010 at 2:52pm

The line before 208 reads

if($this->getLocale() != 'en_NZ') return;

So this problem will only come up if you have your locale set to en_NZ... although I changed that and the problem still remained so I just changed it to always return nothing - I can live without validation. And I know its bad to modify core files but I'm assuming any updates later should fix this bug anyway...

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

27 July 2011 at 9:14am

I have just had this same problem.
It seems to be attached to the individual CMS user's locale rather than the i18n::set_locale('en_NZ'); that you set in the _config.php.

This is how I solved it.

Go and update your CMS user's locale to en_GB (guess this is the closest to en_NZ in terms of date/time formatting?) and the event calendar sub pages all begin to work correctly again, well at least in my case they did.

I really didn't want to poke around with the core, hopefully a fix will come out for this at some point.

Give it a try and post your results :)