Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Advertising Module

Go to End

3 Posts   1338 Views

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

11 November 2010 at 12:40am

Hi there, just wanted to say thanks for creating the module it's just what i need but, after much tinkering to get it to work i still don't seem to be able to get anywhere with it. I don't even have any error messages to fault find on. The admin page appears in the cms but i'm not convinced it's all there as it lets me create a slide but i have no ability to set transitions also there is no list of adverts unless i just search, not sure if that's correct.
When i make the adverts live just the place holder text appears, no images no slide show just a text list. I'm on version 2.4.2 silverstripe and release version 2707 of the advertising module is there a requirement for any other modules to make this work, also i noticed the Advertisments.ss wasn't in the build is that still required?

I know this isn't much to go on just wondered if anyone else has it running?

Hope someone can help

Mick

cumquat

11 November 2010 at 1:46am

It's possible the javascript isn't loading although I'm not sure..

cumquat

11 November 2010 at 3:42am

Ok i'm getting close, i have added new paths to the js files and the transition has started to work on the end result but still only on the place holders, it doesn't seem to be pulling the image paths from the database.