Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MultiForm 0.3 shows blank page; 0.2 works all right

Go to End

3 Posts   1743 Views

Gerard Mengerink

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 November 2010 at 4:44am

Edited: 21/11/2010 4:46am

I followed the tutorial on MultiForm in The Complete Guide ... and got stuck on starting the MultiForm using the RegistrationPage. Foud out that if I left the "extends MultiForm" out in the RegistrationMultiForm class (so no inheritance), made my own constructor and put a debug in it, that debug showed up. If I reactivated the extends MultiForm I got that blank page again.

I replaced the 0.3 MultiForm with the 0.2 MultiForm found in the book code examples, did a dev/build?flush=all, and it worked right away.

There must be some error in the 0.3 module that either prevents it from installing completely a/o correctly, or installation of 0.3 was all right but there is some condition in the classes that cause this error.

Regards
Gerard

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

16 February 2011 at 7:34pm

Were you ever able to figure this out? I'm getting a blank page too.

The module info page on github says 2.4 is required, and I'm using 2.4.5. Maybe your problem was due to an older version of SS?

allez

Community Member, 1 Post

9 April 2011 at 12:38am

Edited: 09/04/2011 12:40am

Hello!

I have also tried to follow the code in silverstripe book, but now I receive [User Error] Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: $fields must be a valid FieldSet instance.

Please find Partner.php at http://pastie.org/1771833