Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

FileSystem External Content: Error adding connector

Go to End

3 Posts   1316 Views

sul

Community Member, 6 Posts

9 December 2010 at 10:42am

Hi,

i'm a newbie to silverstripe. I have installed the external-content module and the filesystem content module. I did a dev/build went to the 'External Content' tab. Under the Connectors pane, I can choose between 'Create' and 'Delete' and the only choice in the pull-down menu is 'FileSystemContentSource'.

When I click 'Create', I immediately get an error message: "Error creating connector".

However, when I hit F5 to refresh the page, I see an item called 'New Connector' under 'All Connectors'. I cannot do anything with that connector. Even if I try to rename the connector and save, it says "Error saving content".

Is there any way I can troubleshoot this issue?

I am using silverstrip 2.4.3 under Windows Server 2008 R2 on IIS 7.5. Also, in FileSystemContentSource.php, my base path is set as follows.

public static $base_path = 'D:\data\webdocs';

This folder has read/write rights for Everyone:

Thanks!

-sul.

sul

Community Member, 6 Posts

10 December 2010 at 11:01am

I removed the external-content and filesystem-connector folder and re-installed them and did a rebuld. I was able to install correctly but now I'm running into the following error message when I click on External Content:

[Warning] strpos(): Empty delimiter
GET /admin/external-content/
Line 94 in D:\sites\staff\filesystem-connector\code\model\FileSystemContentSource.php

any suggestions?

thanks!

-s.

innyinskip

Community Member, 46 Posts

21 December 2010 at 11:31pm

To be honest ive had MAJOR issues getting this to work.
Ive tried all revs and finally got one working!

Seems a bit flakey though but will have to see after further more testing.