Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Error installing Subsites [solved]

Go to End

9 Posts   2995 Views

zenmonkey

Community Member, 532 Posts

7 January 2011 at 3:29am

I'm getting the following error installing Subsites

Notice: DataObjectDecorator::extraDBFields() is deprecated. Please use extraStatics() instead. in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/avelli/sapphire/core/model/DataObjectDecorator.php on line 60

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/avelli/subsites/code/SiteTreeSubsites.php on line 32

I'm on 2.4.4

Any Ideas?

ender

Community Member, 7 Posts

3 February 2011 at 7:23am

Edited: 03/02/2011 7:24am

I have the same problem.

Please advice

kindlemanwill

Community Member, 69 Posts

17 February 2011 at 4:42pm

Hi, Has anybody resolved this yet?

Ive just donwloaded Silverstripe to asses it for a multi site project. Ive downloaded 2.4.5 and installed no problem, downloaded the subsites module into the route and i got this error.

Bit of a show stopper which is a shame.

Thanks for any help,

Will

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

18 February 2011 at 8:30am

I seem to remember this problem cropping up last year (may have been a different module) but I think the fix was to go into the php file and change the line that says extraDBFields() to extraStatics()

-------
Will, I tried the subsite module last year and while it did what it said it would do, it didn't really do what I needed. (I didn't need the sites to share an admin interface, and I wanted some of them on their own database.) I found that using symlinks to run multiple sites with one installation of SS was the best solution for me. I now have six or seven sites running under one installation. Some have their own database, others share one. I haven't had any problems, even when upgrading SS or modules. Just my 2 cents...

HB

zenmonkey

Community Member, 532 Posts

18 February 2011 at 8:45am

Yeah I think thats what I did in the end.

Cheers

kindlemanwill

Community Member, 69 Posts

18 February 2011 at 9:34am

Hi Thanks for updating this,

I don't think thats sufficient to solve the problem. The fatal error is from using $this outside obect scope. I tried replacing the old function name throughout the module but it didn't fix the fatal error.

Any other sugestions / patches to get the latest version working with this module?

We definetly want to run off the same DB. Our requirement is for a central login to be able to provide content that filters down to the subsites - some news, pages etc . And for each subsite to be able to have their own content.

Thanks

Will

D-L

Community Member, 13 Posts

10 March 2011 at 12:48pm

I had the same problems described above with SS2.4.5 and the subsites module. Here's what I did to solve the problem:
1st) Download the latest revision of the module. At the time of writing, for me, this was:
Build Date: 2011-03-02
Download: silverstripe-subsites-master-HEAD.tar.gz
2nd) Create a folder called subsites and unpack the contents of the file above into it.
3rd) I ran a /dev/build/?flush=1 , but I got a load of errors, including some of those reported above. I came across several posts including one where someone was advising that we should comment-out certain lines within the subsites/_config.php, but that really didn't seem right to me. So what I did was to simply remove the contents of the subsites/_config.php file and place it into the main _config.php file in the mysites folder. Then I ran the dev/build/?flush=1 and that fixed it for me!

Hope this helps someone.

Antti

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 April 2011 at 7:55pm

Intresting that this is marked as solved. I have tryed D-L's solutions... dosnt work for me. tryed renaming function but still get $this error...

I love silverstripe but when it comes to modules they always seem to have some issues. I know this is done for version 2.2 or something but my brain hurts if i must learn every version of SS if i wanna use different modules :)

D-L where in _config.php did you those susites/_config.php lines?

Go to Top