Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar start on Sunday

Go to End

7 Posts   2078 Views

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

18 February 2011 at 5:17am

Is there a setting or maybe a simple way to get the Event Calendar to start on Sunday instead of Monday?

I've looked in the _config file and even in the lang file but nothing looked like a setting to change the start of the calendar.

Terry Apodaca

23 February 2011 at 6:19am

Is this just real simple and I am overlooking it or is this just not possible right now?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 February 2011 at 6:36am

It actually isn't that easy. It would require a lot of changes. When I built the module I decided to accommodate the other 90% of the world rather than lock them all into a US localization.

Terry Apodaca

23 February 2011 at 6:42am

Hmmmm...ok...I've told the client I can't look into this until the beginning of March. Maybe I can find some time to hack into a test install of the module.

ThyRaven

Community Member, 3 Posts

25 February 2011 at 8:26am

Any luck on this? Trying to figure it out myself and I am having some difficulties. Is the developer willing to help those that want a US version?

Terry Apodaca

25 February 2011 at 8:38am

I haven't had the time to look more into this yet, but I will. UncleCheese is the developer (commented above) and he says it'll be pretty difficult. Oh, and fyi...he's from the US.

When I have some time I will hack into the module and see what I can do. Until then, I would imagine UncleCheese would be open to requests like this for future releases...just ask him.

deangrell

Community Member, 1 Post

15 July 2011 at 9:06am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just changed line 29 of event_calendar/javascript/jquery.date.js to

Date.firstDayofWeek = 0;

Did the trick for me!