Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event Calendar - Repeating events = no events displayed

6 Posts   1068 Views

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

19 February 2011 at 3:34am

I'm using the latest event calendar from http://bluehousegroup.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/event_calendar combined with SilverStripe 2.4.5.

Adding an event works as expected with the event displayed on the event calendar page. Making the event a repeating event in any combination (day, month with one day selected, with multiple days selected etc) results in the event no longer being shown. un-checking repeating events does make the event viewable again.

Is this a known bug? Does anybody have a suggestion for a fix? In the meantime I will continue to investigate.

Thanks.

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

19 February 2011 at 3:42am

I believe I solved the problem, it was a user error on my part.

I was adding an end date. Removing the end date made it work as expected.

elgordo

Community Member, 70 Posts

27 June 2011 at 4:27pm

Thanks - resolved the issue I was having

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

7 July 2011 at 10:01am

Same issue for me.

@UC: Would it be an idea to have the default End field captions something like this:

End Date (leave blank if recurring event)
End Time (leave blank if recurring event)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

8 July 2011 at 9:18am

We went back and forth on that one. Believe it or not, many people add end dates for recurring events. Something like a farmer's market only runs every saturday from May to October, for instance.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

8 July 2011 at 10:39pm

Edited: 08/07/2011 10:49pm

I agree most people ARe going to put End dates in, but when they do the display stops working as posted. So maybe a change to stop the End dates from breaking the the display of repeating events would be best solution?