Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

UserForms stays green after publishing

7 Posts   1374 Views

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 109 Posts

7 March 2011 at 1:13pm

I know this is probably trivial to most, but it's really bugging my client. I can reproduce this in just about every install I have...after the initial install, and after you make a modification the first time...the Tree item stays green. I've tried everything, and it will always stay green.

Has anyone else seen this?

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

9 March 2011 at 8:53pm

I have, and it bugs me too, although not as much.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

9 March 2011 at 10:28pm

It will always be green as SS 2.4 + workflow introduced a great feature as if it doesn't detect any changes to the page then it won't create a new version or publish it. But for UserForms I haven't got round to building change detection as it involves a number of components.

If anyone wants to get stuck into fixing it I would be most grateful. The specific function is https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/UserDefinedForm.php#L282

Terry Apodaca

10 March 2011 at 8:03am

if I can get some time, I might look at fixing this, just because it's bugging my client.

It's not a big deal to me though...since it's known and not really hindering the functionality of the module.

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

26 January 2012 at 3:09am

Just wondering if anyone had a stab at this? I've now got a client complaining about it too!

Terry Apodaca

26 January 2012 at 6:39am

I wouldn't worry about it, as SS3 is around the corner....just ask your clients to deal with it for now.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 February 2012 at 9:47pm

You could change this to return false and it will stay black (instead of green) https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/UserDefinedForm.php#L282.

If anyone has the time to get the detection working would be good to have, it'll have to track form field updates, setting changes (could just use a parent:: getIsModifiedOnStage() for that) and email submission updates (which aren't versioned) against the latest published date.