Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Userform: Issue Adding Fields

Go to End

5 Posts   1725 Views

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

10 March 2011 at 12:56pm

Hello,

We are having a problem with the userform module (version 0.3.0) on SilverStripe 2.4.5.

When we install the module and set our page to be a UserDefinedForm page, all seems to be good. We can see the new tabs, add recipients, change the button text, etc.

However, when I go to create fields, I get a blank white screen (the URL of this page is /admin/EditForm). I have error reporting turned on and my site in dev mode, but still no result.

Can anyone help solve this?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 March 2011 at 2:01pm

This issue has been covered several times, try a search and have a look around. Perhaps http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/14251#post292653 will help.

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

11 March 2011 at 8:46am

Hi Willr,

We read that thread and still had issues. It seemed to clear up though when we renamed the folder from "userforms-v0.3.0" to "userforms".

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 March 2011 at 1:54pm

It seemed to clear up though when we renamed the folder from "userforms-v0.3.0" to "userforms".

Yes, you will need to ensure that for all of the modules as it references the JS and CSS using userforms/css not userforms-v03.0. I believe this should already be in the readme file as a warning. With the upcoming module manager in 3.0 preventing this sort of error will be much easier!

RichardH

Community Member, 8 Posts

27 April 2012 at 1:42pm

Edited: 27/04/2012 6:01pm

I also had the problem described at the beginning of this posting. I followed all the steps set out in the installation guide and repeated here by WillR. Eventually I discovered that in fact not all the files had been uploaded to the webserver. So I uploaded them and since then nothing about the module works at all!. I have deleted and re-loaded them a number of times; tried extracting directly to the webserver as well, but no success.

And yet the module works without a hitch on localhost. Please help me understand why this could be!

I am using Silverstripe 2.4.7 and UserForm 0.4

Postscript:

I just tried installing via uploading and unzipping the tarball - one more time. Ran through all the required steps for changing folder nam, /dev/build, etc. And suddenly this time it all works perfectly.
go figure!