Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

User Forms weirdness

Go to End

9 Posts   2790 Views

Wyman

Community Member, 9 Posts

12 May 2011 at 8:33am

I've recently installed the 'User forms' module. It works much better than I expected it to, but there are some odd things happening on the website side of the module. I've put one of (almost) all the choices on a page, to try it out, and some work fine and others do not. I've attached a screenshot of the page so that its more obvious what I'm talking about.
The first problem I have is all of the label fields are below the field they correspond to, for example, the 'Country Dropdown Field' is below the select tag dropdown with all the countries in them. I thought this might be due to a missing css (which was someone else's problem in another topic) but I double checked with firebug and it is definitely on the page. The problem seems to be that the css doesn't match up to any elements on the page. If the problem isn't the css it may be that the elements are in the opposite order of what you would expect in the HTML, check the second attachment to see that. I wanted to fix this in the (I assume) .ss file that makes the page, but I cannot seem to find anything in the module that builds the .ss pages.
The second problem I'm having is certain label areas not showing up at all on the page or in the HTML. Note the datefield (it has the text of Nov 5, 2011 in the first picture) doesn't have any label for itself at all, same for the user select dropdown (text: Matthew, Default Admin), what am I missing?

Thanks for your time!

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 May 2011 at 4:34pm

Can I see a screen shot of your CMS setup?

Wyman

14 May 2011 at 2:43am

Well I feel a little silly now... I for some reason didn't think that the area #1 (see attachment) was the title box, it wasn't terribly obvious (I figured it out late yesterday when I accidentally typed into it) especially when I saw the 'right title' (area #2).
I'm kinda mad I didn't figure it out sooner...
Thanks for your response!

Attached Files
Willr

14 May 2011 at 1:03pm

Heh you're not the first to run into that issue! I am thinking about putting some text between the icon and the input which says "Label:" to make it clearer. Do you think that would have helped?

Wyman

17 May 2011 at 2:14am

I think that would do the trick, you could also put it into the input itself and have it disappear once you click into it (though I don't know if its a nice enough solution to warrant the javascript/jquery required to do it).
Please PM me if you get this fix into place!

silsy

Community Member, 2 Posts

25 November 2011 at 1:39pm

Edited: 25/11/2011 2:10pm

I've just installed this userForms module. My problems are:
1. fiel lables are displayed below the input box, see attachment
2. field 1 which is a 2 row field keeps giving me error message
3. reset button wouldn't clear the error message

The screen capture is done in Chrome, In IE9 the same error message appears when I hit the send button and the form has never arrived because of that. Similar behaviour to Chrome in firefox.

S

Willr

25 November 2011 at 2:20pm

silsy - it displays under the text box as you've used the 'Right Title' option and left the main label field (the text box next to the icon) blank.

For the required issue - make sure you've not set a min length on the field.

silsy

Community Member, 2 Posts

25 November 2011 at 3:45pm

Edited: 25/11/2011 4:06pm

Thanks for your reply Will, that was quick.

I don't see a lable field and I didn't choose to use Right Title. Where do I configure it? Attached screen shot shows you all I see and cnd do when I add a field.

Where can I find a documentation or tutorial on how to configure the application?
S

Attached Files
Go to Top