Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Rename EditableTextFields

Go to End

6 Posts   1098 Views

tchintchie

Community Member, 63 Posts

30 May 2011 at 5:16am

Hello all!

I just installed the user defined forms and have a small contact form up and running already. Only thing I´d like to know is: can I rename those EditableTextFields?? In the edit-tab it only lets me change the label name but when I receive the emails it like:

EditableTextField1:
blablabla
EditableTextField2:
blablabla
EditableTextField3:
blablabla
EditableTextField4:
blablabla

and so on... not quite so sexy :-/

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 May 2011 at 8:26pm

Are you sure you entered the title of the field in the cms? The email should pull the title from the form field into the email. If you could post a screenshot of your cms setup that would be good to check.

tchintchie

31 May 2011 at 12:20am

Hi Willr!

Yes, I filled out all relevant fields (see attached screenshot...sorry it´s in German but you´ll get the idea). My first thought was that maybe there´s the "save changes" button missing? All I can do is show and hide options....
I just sent myself another testmail with the same results:

Anfrage von rs-reisen.at

EditableTextField11
test
EditableTextField12
marina
EditableTextField13
bla
and so on.....

except for that the contact form works fine! but it´d be nice to solve that tiny issue :-)

Attached Files
Willr

31 May 2011 at 12:32pm

It is because you haven't filled in any information in the label fields. The right title is used for extra information but the main label is the one where it is blank in your case, i.e https://skitch.com/willrossi/fnd6p/screen-capture5.png-781x650

tchintchie

31 May 2011 at 7:03pm

.... now how embarrassing is that?? Thanks a lot Will!! Don´t tell anybody, ok? ;-)

Willr

31 May 2011 at 7:28pm

You're not the first to have that issue. I need to include some default text in the label like '(label)' so it explains it a little better. Guess it's not very clear!