Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Calendar event module - when repeat is checked, the last date does not show on calendar

Go to End

6 Posts   1729 Views

webmanj

Community Member, 7 Posts

23 June 2011 at 12:15pm

Uncle Cheese and All,

I was working with the events module and noticed a but that I was able to verify on the http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com site. I created an entry called, Multi-day test, for 6/20/2011 - 6/24/2011 from 6:00 pm to 8:00pm. If you set it to repeat daily, the event does not show up on the calendar for 6/24/2011. If you change the end date to 6/30/2011, the event does does not show up for 6/30/2011. This happens on the daily setting regardless of the "every x days" setting.

Is this something that is known? Is the bluehousegroup site using the bleeding svn code? I'm using the repeat option as the events show up for each day on the upcoming events page instead of just the starting date of the event. I can help fix if this is something that is not already in the pipeline.

Thanks,
Jason

KngtRdr

Community Member, 6 Posts

12 July 2011 at 9:36am

Would love an answer to this, as I'm having the same issue...

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

25 July 2011 at 10:34pm

Is this the 'feature' that repeating events only show up if you leave off the end date? I posted why I thought this was very confusing and that the default label for 'end date' should clearly state that you should only enter a value if you didn't want the event to repeat, although in my opinion it should repeat UNTIL then end date.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 July 2011 at 2:18am

If you enter an end date for a repeating event, it follows the repeat pattern between the start and end date, and will discontinue after the end date. For instance, if you had a school with a PTA meeting on the first Monday of every month, but only during September - June.

If there is no end date, the repeating event continues indefinitely.

It's a little confusing, but a lot of people did want repeating events to have the option of being contained in a specific timeframe, so I added in the end date.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

KngtRdr

Community Member, 6 Posts

26 July 2011 at 2:27am

Uncle Cheese, true, however the problem is that if your end date is the same day as one of your repeating event days (say, 4 weeks, every Monday, and you choose the date of that last Monday as the end date) the last date does not appear.

tsg

Community Member, 7 Posts

30 April 2012 at 8:17am

I'm getting the same issue - when using repeat dates and an end date the last day of the event i.e. the last one (i.e equals the end date) does not display in the calendar.

e.g. an event that has start date as Mon 2nd April and end date as Fri 27th April and is set to repeat mon - fri

One would expect the event to show in the calendar on Fri 27th April

Unfortunately it doesn't and the last day is shown in the calendar as Thu 26th April