Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Edit Announcements in Event Calendar

Go to End

4 Posts   1493 Views

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

29 June 2011 at 6:38am

I found a post that dealt with this question http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/6301, and they said that they found the answer in the documentation, however I'm not finding it or I'm not looking in the right place! We love the event calendar, and use the Announcements pretty exclusively. However, when we're in the editor, and click the little edit icon, the information about the particular announcement displays but is not editable. Could someone tell me what I need to do to correct this? Thank you!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

29 June 2011 at 3:27pm

Edited: 29/06/2011 3:28pm

Probably need to add a canEdit() function to CalendarDateTme. I really thought that was added a while back. Are you sure you're on the latest github version?

jseth

30 June 2011 at 12:20am

Thanks. No, I wasn't on the latest version. I just downloaded it, and backed up everything. I see there's no install notes or instructions; am I just to replace the old event_caldendar folder with the new and run the dev/build? Will the announcements that currently exist in the database be replaced when I do this? Thank you again for your response.

jseth

30 June 2011 at 5:11am

I'm running Silverstripe 2.4.4. I tried just bringing in the new event calendar module (renamed it) but got all kinds of errors, (it looks like it's confusing it with the previous version of event calendar). Are there other items I need to update also to get this to work? Thank you.