Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event calendar module : Getting events directly from an RSS

4 Posts   952 Views

thepleb

Community Member, 15 Posts

29 June 2011 at 8:57am

Hi, I have just installed v0.2 of the above module and I notice it gives me the option of getting event information dynamically from a feed. I tried connecting it to the demo RSS feed to see if that would work, but it doesn't seem to display any entries. Am I missing something silly? I am using version 2.4.5 of SS.

Any help you could give me would be brilliant.

Many thanks.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

29 June 2011 at 3:26pm

It's for ICS feeds, not RSS.

thepleb

5 July 2011 at 3:24am

Thank you very much! My brain just didn't engage on that. I have generated a "dummy" ICS file and it is working perfectly!

I'm so glad I have the chance to speak to the developer sometimes. :-)

thepleb

20 August 2011 at 2:24am

So we have got our new site live at last and we are currently bringing in our meetings from a static page, but we would like to bring them in from a dynamic page. We have an .ASPX page that returns a plain text ICS output, but when I point the module at that file it doesn't return any meetings. I have tried getting IIS to treat *.ics files as *.aspx files (as in the aspx code sits in a file with the ics extension), but that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas?