Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

vimeo module


Reply


4 Posts   971 Views

Avatar
Fruit

Community Member, 4 Posts

2 July 2011 at 2:04am

i have installed the vimeo module and split up its components so they are all in the correct mysite folders, e.g. the php file in mysite/code, the javascript files in mysite/javascript. And i also redirected all the files paths so there were pointing at the new locations of the files.

however after doing this the javascript was included on the vimeo gallery page however the show video in pop up functionality was not functioning.

any ideas?

Avatar
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

2 July 2011 at 3:39pm

i have installed the vimeo module and split up its components so they are all in the correct mysite folders, e.g. the php file in mysite/code, the javascript files in mysite/javascript. And i also redirected all the files paths so there were pointing at the new locations of the files.

Why did you do all of this? The module should work fine if you leave the module as you downloaded it.

Avatar
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

2 July 2011 at 10:07pm

Hi Will,

At my request - I remember discussing this module strategy with you previously (quite a while ago). with 90% of modules we use they are either zipped and stored within the main source repository - or when they are small they are copied into the source code in the way (e.g. the item picker / multiselct fields).

The goal is to stop the webroot getting full of modules and to simplify the install process of the software because I maintain many sites and frequently need to make fresh installations of the software.

Barry

Avatar
Fruit

Community Member, 4 Posts

5 July 2011 at 9:30pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input but i found the problem, it was the file_exists function not finding the file on my localhost. So i removed the if(file_exists) from before the Requirements::css and now it works perfectly.

Cheers