Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Removed /index.php/ but sitemap includes index.php

Go to End

4 Posts   2643 Views

lightbeard

Community Member, 1 Post

13 July 2011 at 10:27pm

Hi everyone,

I know the index.php removal / mod_rewrite thing has been done to death across this forum! I have removed the index.php using .htaccess, but have an issue that the googlesitemap module is still including the index.php.

My question is how do I remove the index.php from automatically showing up in the sitemap.xml? In theory it is not a major issue (the links with index.php still work), but it means the links are coming up on the Google results with index.php, which I don't like.

Another question (related), is that the Google search is showing the date of the page creation on every page - taking up some of the meta description. Is there a way of removing this? (It seems like a Silverstripe thing as quite a lot of the pages under search term 'Silverstripe' have the same thing...)

Thanks for your help

Graham

sypou

Community Member, 10 Posts

4 October 2011 at 9:29pm

Graham,

Can you show me the way you have removed the index.php from the .htaccess file? Cannot remove it...

Thanks,

Serge

greenpea

Community Member, 19 Posts

8 October 2011 at 1:40pm

I had the same problem and my .htaccess file was empty - no content at all.

This thread http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/16895 sorted it out, now index.php no longer shows

sypou

Community Member, 10 Posts

10 October 2011 at 3:57pm

Dear lightbeard,

Thank you for your answer. I've already fixed it... it was dealing with the mod_rewrite in which I had to change the None to All for the AllowOverride All...

Sypou