Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event Calendar date formats

4 Posts   986 Views

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

16 August 2011 at 1:27pm

I have to say i'm still confused about who to go about swapping around the format dates are displayed in the Event Calendar. As my config local is set to:

i18n::set_locale('en_GB');

I was kinda hoping that creating an en_GB file under /events_calendar/lang and swapping around all the formats would do the job, but it does not. Can anyone help me as to how I get that file to be applied? or the proper solutions if that's not it.

Thanks

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

18 August 2011 at 11:06am

Anyone please help me with this?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4092 Posts

19 August 2011 at 1:26am

In event_calendar/_config.php, you'll see a big block of code for $customDateTemplates. Copy all of that into your mysite/_config.php, uncomment it, and hopefully it's self-explanatory. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gives you the most flexibility.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

wilsonStaff

Community Member, 142 Posts

23 October 2011 at 3:01am

Hi, not to hijack, its a similar problem.

Ive succeeded into displaying the calendar in French, using

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'fr_FR.UTF8', 'fr_FR', 'fr-FR', 'french'); into mysite/_config.php

but if it correctly displays the calendar in French, it displays the wrong day/date.

As image below shows, we are SATURDAY 2nd and the calendar displays FRIDAY 22nd.

- - -

My guess is that it picks up the date correctly but as the week starts with Sundat, it offsets everything. So, what to do?

- - -

Uncle?