Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Useforms not closing radio input tags

Go to End

3 Posts   1005 Views

juneallison

Community Member, 110 Posts

25 August 2011 at 3:16am

Hi,

I was cross browser testing my userform and it doesn't display properly in IE9. In IE9 it doesn't seem to recognize the style sheet. I have another form that doesn't use the radio buttons and it displays just fine. The form with radio buttons displays fine in all other browsers.

I took a look at the code and it looks like none of the radio input tags are closed. I tried to determine where these were generated in the module code. If someone could tell me where to find this code, I think closing this tag may resolve my browser issue.

Thanks!

juneallison

Community Member, 110 Posts

27 August 2011 at 5:47am

I wasn't able to determine where the radio button input code was being created but I was able to somewhat resolve the problem.

1. I changed my doctype from strict to transitional for the UserForm template. This was forgiving of the missing close tags on the radio input tags.
2. My entire form was getting throw into a paragraph tag. Via the admin tinymce wouldn't allow me to have no surrounding tags on $UserDefinedFrom ... so I changed the p to a div.

That seem to correct my ie9 issue.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 August 2011 at 8:14pm

I wasn't able to determine where the radio button input code was being created but I was able to somewhat resolve the problem.

UDF simply creates Radio options through the built in classes SS provided. If somethings not closing I would think it's coming from the form field - https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/blob/2.4/forms/OptionsetField.php#L82.