Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

LiveCalendarWidget Help

Go to End

11 Posts   3812 Views

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

15 October 2011 at 12:42am

Edited: 15/10/2011 12:44am

What would be far better is if Events were displayed in the same UI as Announcement are now.
Sadly I don't think my skills are up to re-writing EventCalendar to do this, so I may well have to migrate this site to another CMS with another calendar system :(

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 October 2011 at 5:33am

Well you guys are speaking to a pretty significant problem with SilverStripe. The SiteTree paradigm only holds up for so long, and it doesn't scale well -- especially with densely populated content areas like calendars and blogs. This will be resolved in SS3's treatment of page content, where tree view is optional (although it should be junked all together, in my opinion).

I recommend you take a look at my blog post on "Remodeling ModelAdmin" which allows you to manage page content in ModelAdmin. This is the solution I use for all my clients who have so many events that the SiteTree is unusable.

This isn't a perfect solution, but at least it gets you out of SiteTree agony!

http://www.leftandmain.com/uncategorized/2011/02/25/taming-the-beast-remodeling-modeladmin/

---------------
Silverstripe tips, tutorials, screencasts, and more. http://www.leftandmain.com

mierla

Community Member, 16 Posts

18 October 2011 at 2:38am

Thanks, Uncle Cheese. I implemented your remodeled admin (thank you!) on a different project, but it never occurred to me to use it for calendar objects.

Go to Top