Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Userforms E-mail

Go to End

3 Posts   1033 Views

TBM

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 September 2011 at 11:32am

Hey Everyone,

I'm having a very frustrating problem...

My website, www.oparc.org, has userforms used in a couple different places. Right now, I cannot get them to e-mail me when there has been a submission. My e-mail, @oparc.org, goes through spamsoap, then into my companys exchange server. I've checked the logs for spamsoap and there has been no attempt to e-mail me. Likewise, I looked at the logs for the firewall and my websites IP has not e-mailed me.

So i tried to set up an outbound SMTP server that the server would route the e-mails through, but then i get "SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." when I use https://github.com/xeraa/silverstripe-smtp

Someone please help!!

Chris

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 September 2011 at 11:00pm

Try just using the SilverStripe email API to see if you can send an email (i.e write a custom function to send a message through http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/sapphire/email/Email.html) then it would be a Userforms issue. Make sure you've defined a from address.

Postmark is a good tool for sending emails without worrying about smtp etc.

TBM

Community Member, 2 Posts

14 September 2011 at 5:41am

Thanks for your reply Willr

Embarrassingly, I don't have the coding skills to write such a thing. Building VPNS over 1024 bit encryption, yes; websites... no :(

Would you please write it?