Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

UserForms Date Format

6 Posts   850 Views

edwardlewis

Community Member, 32 Posts

8 October 2011 at 2:20am

I have been searching through the code and I cant find anywhere to change the format of the date field. Is it possible to change it from:

MM/DD/YYYY

to

DD/MM/YYYY

Can someone point me in the right direction? Does it need to be set in mysite/_config.php or does it require editing some code in the module?

Thanks in advance!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 October 2011 at 9:19am

Looking at the code (https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/editor/EditableDateField.php#L48) it uses the default set to your i18n settings.

You could try setting your i18n date format via your mysite/_config.php - i18n::set_date_format('dd/MM/yyyy');

edwardlewis

10 October 2011 at 9:36pm

Thanks for the info.. I have tried that in the past and it hasnt made any difference.

Have a look at the screenshot, I have selected 2nd October which is displayed as mm/dd yet in the _config.php i have added i18n::set_date_format('dd/MM/yyyy');

its confusing me!

Attached Files
edwardlewis

10 October 2011 at 9:53pm

I have just managed to create something that works..

I changed a line of code in the userforms/code/editor/EditableDateField.php. I didnt really want to do that but it will be fine..

Line 51 now reads:

$('input[name^=EditableDateField]').attr('autocomplete', 'off').datepicker({dateFormat: 'dd MM yy'});

If anyone can suggest a better way of doing it then I am all ears! The form seems to work ok after a few tests..

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 October 2011 at 10:40pm

I'd check your running the latest master version. Here's what line 51 looks like in that - https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/editor/EditableDateField.php#L48

edwardlewis

13 October 2011 at 2:56am

Thanks for your help Willr.. the problem must have been down to using an older version :)