Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Unpublish / Delete buttons in ModelAdmin/ReModelAdmin

3 Posts   600 Views

KINKCreative

Community Member, 56 Posts

12 November 2011 at 4:29am

Been looking for a while to figure this out - I am having people add content via UncleCheese's RemodelAdmin. I would like to add an Unpublish and Delete button to the modeladmin results table - I haven't worked with actions in the CMS so don't really know how to start. I'm guessing I will be adding a SummaryField, each with a custom button / link, and they will submit to a form action in the ModelAdmin. Any tips - where should I be looking? Thanks :)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

15 November 2011 at 5:58am

This might help...
http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2009/adding-a-cms-action-the-slightly-hacky-way/

KINKCreative

Community Member, 56 Posts

16 November 2011 at 4:37am

Edited: 16/11/2011 4:37am

Thanks - I was looking to add the buttons into the actual results table (e.g. when you click Search in ModelAdmin, you get a list of DataObjects - or, in this case, Pages). On the right side, there is normally a red X to delete, but it's not bound to work with SiteTree objects - as they are on multiple stages. This one just deletes the record from one table. I thought it'd be cool to have in that list already an Unpublish and Delete button. I guess since deleting doesn't take place that often, they can just go in and Unpublish one by one :)