Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Userforms - Removing HTML Fields From Email

14 Posts   1399 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 December 2011 at 5:13pm

Well just like any other template in ss you can override it from your theme. Copy the file I linked you to themes/yourtheme/templates/email/* and edit as you wish!

No need to edit the module code for templates.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

1 December 2011 at 5:38pm

So are you saying if I created 3 forms with this module, I can create 3 different email templates for each one? What do I name them?

I'm seeing that each form is outputted with the same id of #Form_Form which is not unique.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 December 2011 at 5:45pm

Sorry, missed the multiple keyword in your post, no you can't set custom templates on each individual form in the module.

Liam

1 December 2011 at 5:56pm

Ya didn't think so, but you got my hopes up a bit ;) Not a huge deal as the default is fine. My client had just wanted 1 form a bit tweaked, but it's nothing major anyway.

Thanks for the help though. The <% if FormattedValue %> worked perfectly for removing blank fields.

Liam

29 September 2012 at 8:27am

I upgraded the site to 3.0 and I'm not sure if something changed, or it never worked like this. I'm leaning towards something changing.

When fields are left blank, I don't want the $Title being included in the email, but they are.

My template and I have flush?=all

<% if HideFormData %>
<% else %>
   <dl>
      <% control Fields %>
         <% if $FormattedValue %>
            <dt><strong><% if Title %>$Title<% else %>$Name<% end_if %></strong></dt>
            <dd style="margin: 4px 0 14px 0">$FormattedValue</dd>
         <% end_if %>
      <% end_control %>
   </dl>
<% end_if %>

Liam

30 September 2012 at 2:13pm

Figured it out.

My folder for the email templates didn't have the capital E. So it was 'email' instead of 'Email' in mysite/templates/

So the custom template I had setup wasn't overriding.

This worked in 2.4 but not 3 if it happens to anybody else.