Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Compass module - using alpha/beta

4 Posts   611 Views

Matty Balaam

Community Member, 69 Posts

24 January 2012 at 10:43pm

I'm trying to use a compass add-on for css3 animations: https://github.com/ericam/compass-animation I get the following error if I try to use it:

Unable to activate animation-0.1.alpha.0, because compass-0.11.7 conflicts with compass (>= 0.12.alpha.0)

Is there a way to force the Compass module onto the latest release? I see in Compass.php there is $sass_version which I've tried to set to 'latest' but it then gives me the following error:

[User Error] Compass Error:/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:81:in `parse': Illformed requirement [""] (ArgumentError)   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:106:in `initialize'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:106:in `map!'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:106:in `initialize'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:44:in `new'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/requirement.rb:44:in `create'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:50:in `initialize'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:303:in `new'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:303:in `bin_path'   from -e:6

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 February 2012 at 9:54pm

because compass-0.11.7 conflicts with compass (>= 0.12.alpha.0)

Looks like you should uninstall 0.11.7 first.

Matty Balaam

9 February 2012 at 12:18am

Edited: 09/02/2012 12:31am

I'm a bit confused, I was under the impression that the Compass module took care of selecting the latest gems?

Edit: Took another look and managed to get it woking by changes the code in Compass.php on line 39 to

'yard' => '', 'maruku' => '', 'haml' => '~> 3.1', 'compass' => '>= 0.12.alpha.0', 'compass-colors' => ''

I guess there must be a way of overriding this without hacking the code?

Matty Balaam

9 February 2012 at 1:08am

Actually it didn't work, it now won't compile any code. If I delete the CSS files already there they are not remade.