Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

FulltextSearch module

Go to End

12 Posts   3798 Views

Sphere

Community Member, 46 Posts

25 January 2012 at 9:50am

I just pushed my FulltextSearchable search-module to github.
https://github.com/Firesphere/silverstripe-searcher

Let me know if you run into any problems or have questions.

michito

Community Member, 4 Posts

31 January 2012 at 8:42am

Hi Sphere, thanks for sharing this module with us.

I installed it and it works fine. At the moment I just have one problem with searching DataObjects. They are found and displayed. The only thing that does not work ist the $Link, which is empty. Any ideas on that?

BTW: I am not using URLSegments, is that necessary?

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

1 February 2012 at 3:34am

Hi!

First, I’d like to thank Sphere for the module. I’ve not had an opportunity to test it, but it seems a worthy effort!

@Michito: DataObjects do not have Link() methods, you need to create them. I suggest you to follow this tutorial:
http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/dataobjects-as-pages-part-1-keeping-it-simple/

Best regards,
Juan

michito

1 February 2012 at 4:38am

Thanks Juanitou! Took the Link-function from the Tutorial and made it work for my DataObjects. Running perfect now.

michito

1 February 2012 at 6:22am

I got one more: How can I exclude Images from being searched (or shown in search results)?

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

14 February 2012 at 4:33am

Edited: 15/02/2012 12:31am

Hello.

According to my question, Juanito points me here. I wanna give the silverstripe-searcher module a try. So i downloaded it from github (repo5147578). did the usually things to get a module installed. Created a SearchResultPage in Backend and edited my _config to

//Enable Search, use $SearchForm in template
FulltextSearchable::enable();
DataObject::add_extension('DownloadPage', "FulltextSearchable('TabOneContent,TabTwoContent,TabThreeContent')");
DataObject::add_extension('Projekt',"FulltextSearchable('Title,Description')");
//DataObject::add_extension('AkteursPortrait',"FulltextSearchable('Name,Description')"); //Obviously a Title instead a Name is needed

..and got a sql error

518 	function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
519 		// try to extract and format query
520 		if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
521 			$formatter = new SQLFormatter();
522 			$msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
523 		}
525 		user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
526 	}
528 	/**
529 	 * Return a boolean type-formatted string
530 	 * 
531 	 * @param array $values Contains a tokenised list of info about this data type

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT ClassName, "SiteTree_Live".ID, ParentID, Title, MenuTitle, URLSegment, Content, LastEdited, Created, _utf8'' AS Filename, _utf8'' AS Name, MATCH (Title, MenuTitle, Content, MetaTitle, MetaDescription, MetaKeywords) AGAINST ('kontakt') + MATCH (Title, MenuTitle, Content, MetaTitle, MetaDescription, MetaKeywords) AGAINST ('kontakt') AS Relevance, CanViewType FROM "SiteTree_Live" WHERE ( MATCH (Title, MenuTitle, Content, MetaTitle, MetaDescription, MetaKeywords) AGAINST ('kontakt*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) + MATCH (Title, MenuTitle, Content, MetaTitle, MetaDescription, MetaKeywords) AGAINST ('kontakt*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND ShowInSearch 0) UNION SELECT ClassName, "File".ID, _utf8'' AS ParentID, Title, _utf8'' AS MenuTitle, _utf8'' AS URLSegment, Content, LastEdited, Created, Filename, Name, MATCH (Filename, Title, Content) AGAINST ('kontakt') AS Relevance, NULL AS CanViewType FROM "File" WHERE (MATCH (Filename, Title, Content) AGAINST ('kontakt*' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND ClassName = 'File' AND ShowInSearch 0) ORDER BY "Relevance" DESC LIMIT 0, 3 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

Did i miss something? Whats wrong?

I use SS2.4.6 and Arams "Highlighting Query Text in Search Results" Tutorial.

Thanks for your help. Pipifix

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

17 February 2012 at 4:37am

bump ^^

Sphere

Community Member, 46 Posts

6 August 2012 at 10:30am

Edited: 06/08/2012 11:28am

Sorry, I've been away for a while, and also, I stupidly forgot to answer.

Michito:
The URLSegment-part is used to generate the link. To get the link, your DataObject needs to have the $this->Link() function.

Here's what I use:
public function Link() {
if ($Page = DataObject::get_one('SiteTree', "`ClassName` = '{ParentPageHere}'")) {
return($Page->Link('{YourHandlerInThePage}').'/'.$this->URLSegment));
}
}

I know this is quite an old version, a modernized version should work too, but you do need to have a URLSegment. Offcourse, you can name it differently, or use the ID, that's up to you to program in your DO.

The exclude-feature is on the to-do list. The default "enable fulltextsearch" also includes files, which by default includes images.

Hello Pipifix, your problem lies in the error:
Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
The problem here is, appearantly, the column-list generated is not the same as the column-list in MySQL.

If your MySQL structure is, for example:
"ID - Date - Title - Content"
But your FullText is:
"ID - Content - Title"

MySQL starts screaming.

Please check the sequence in which the fields are in the searchable-database created by the searcher, and see if they match the DO's table.

If you can confirm this is indeed the issue, please e-mail me with the details. I will take a look at it to fix it, or submit a patch ;)
Currently, I'm, with this module, busy updating to SS3.

I'm very sorry for not responding asap on this forum, I forgot to subscribe to the topic. My bad!

Go to Top