Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

User Login in Front-end to edit profile page

Go to End

5 Posts   4060 Views

Wired Ink

Community Member, 5 Posts

25 February 2012 at 3:22am

Edited: 25/02/2012 3:24am

I've read numerous webpages concerning this and I've tried tons of modules and yet I cannot manage to create what I am looking for.

This is for a large organization that wants to list all their employees with contact details.
The employee must be able to login and update their own contact details.

There must be a list (which any visitor can view) of employees and their contact details - when you click on a person's name it should open up a page with a contact form linked to their email address.

Each employee must be able to login and edit their own contact information with ease by using a front-end login form.

I attached some files for you to look at. (I want to improve on this concept and look).

Attached Files
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

28 February 2012 at 10:54pm

Hi,

You won't find something exactly as you have requested - however all you need to do is take a couple of modules...

https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles

https://github.com/chillu/silverstripe-genericviews

a little bit of tweaking (mainly to the templates) and it'll get you there

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

28 February 2012 at 11:51pm

You can actually do all this with the member profiles module - a relatively new feature is the ability to have a list of all members, and then have individual profile pages.

Wired Ink

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 March 2012 at 2:51am

I tried using the member profiles module with the individual profile page module, but it only shoes the name and (attached) picture of the person on the profile page - none of the information is visible.

Jemmyyy

Community Member, 4 Posts

15 August 2017 at 11:42am

Just bumping this thread. It's 2017, and we still don't have a good module for this.