Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Newsletter 0.40 rc1 - Javascript Parse Error

Go to End

6 Posts   907 Views

Kiwipearls

Community Member, 34 Posts

15 March 2012 at 11:52am

I get this error when sending out a newsletter.

I do not get this error when I do a test email of the newsletter.

It only does it when I sent to mailing list.

I am using SS 2.4, dataobject manager and swfupload.

The newsletter archive is not working also.

I really would appreciate some help on this. As I am doing this site for my childrens school.

I very eagerly look forward to hearing from you.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

16 March 2012 at 12:03am

Firstly I'd advise using a stable release of anything if you expect it to work out of the box (and of course use the version of silverstripe it is stable against) - "rc1" means release candidate - aka something that may be a stable release but we don't know yet

" Javascript Parse Error"

do you have a more info on that, like if firefox, use firebug to give the exact javascript error

"The newsletter archive is not working also."

again what does "doesn't work" mean?

Kiwipearls

16 March 2012 at 7:32am

I just clicked on the download link in the silverstripe modules section, thinking it was the most current stable release.

I will go look at all the alternative downloads for the newsletter module.

As for the newsletter archive, it archives the newsletter but the link does not go to the actual newsletter it go's to the front page.

I will do some more fiddling today and see. I will get firebug and see what is exactly going on.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

16 March 2012 at 7:52am

This is likely *extremely* out of date. I'd check the silverstipe (maybe silverstripe-labs) github. Also there are a bunch of "extra" newsletter modules that will provide extra functionality - but the key is to search github - rather than this website. I know it doesn't make sense! I will be raising this issue to help get new users started easier...

Kiwipearls

16 March 2012 at 10:01am

thank- you so much. I will check github and see.

It is very confusing for new users to SS - and for me, I love plug n play mods that work out of the box.

Kiwipearls

16 March 2012 at 10:35am

Ok, I downloaded the github files for newsletter and the newsletter-viewarchive. Thanks for the advice about getting everything from github

Everything is working, except the email is not been sent. But it says it has been.

I set the admin email in mysite/_config.php - as per the instructions in the readme file for both.

Created my newsletter and my email template.

Don't really know how to use firebug to diagnose. As no errors came up for newsletter, it sent in lovely green text my newsletter was sent.

As you can see I have the archive page now. http://demo.senilityguild.com/ - just need to make some tweaks and a title to the template.