Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MemberProfiles Module - Listview and extending

Go to End

4 Posts   1260 Views

Haddokin

Community Member, 3 Posts

4 July 2012 at 4:54pm

Hi all, I am working on my first SS website (and loving it!) for a non-profit society and have a couple of questions on modules.

I have successfully installed addressable, orderable and the memberprofiles modules and would like to know:

1. How do I get a public list of all members display on a page using out-of-the-box functionality inside memberprofiles? I only see the page for members to edit their membership details, but I can see it is possible in the code.

2. Each member can have multiple (from none to many) location addresses that the public need to see. How can I extend the memberprofiles to allow multiple addresses (subclassing?) implementing the addressable module?

Thanks in advance!
H

Haddokin

6 July 2012 at 12:19pm

So I hacked the code to get the list to display, but now users cant edit their profiles - it just shows the list again. Lol, I'm going round in circles :)

What I was expecting was a combo box in the admin section to say 'Display As' and ( List, Single )

There must be something really easy/simple I am missing... any enlightenment/pointers to docs that I haven't read would be really appreciated.

Cheers
H

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

7 July 2012 at 12:27am

You shouldn't need to edit any code. If you enable public profiles in the settings tab, if you visit /myprofilepage/show, it should show a table listing all members. You can then click on one to display the detailed profile page.

Haddokin

8 July 2012 at 10:13am

Thanks AJ, I knew there was something I was missing. What would be the method you would recommend to show the list page with search capability in the sidebar? Is it just a matter of modifying the MemberProfileViewer_list.ss? Or is there a better way?