Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Working Gallery Plugin for SS 3

Go to End

106 Posts   30343 Views

aurum

Community Member, 5 Posts

25 July 2012 at 4:21am

Is there a working gallery plugin for SS 3 ? I need a slider on my frontpage...

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

1 August 2012 at 3:00am

Nothing yet !!
I will be making a basic gallery soon & I will post it here.. Let me know if you still need it ?

aurum

4 August 2012 at 4:40am

It would be great if you could post the plugin here!

DesignerX.com.au

6 August 2012 at 12:09am

Hi:
I am still working on my module .. its missing some features but I will post what I have here .
It does not have much comments so feel free to ask me anything you want on this topic or on the IRC ;)

Module name : SGallery
SubTheme is provided !Important

How does it work ?
- Ok, extract the zip & copy the SGallery folder to the root of your SS install
- Copy MyTheme_SGallery to your /themes/ fiolder & rename it . Change the MyTheme part to the name of the currently used theme
- Now the hard part, SGallery.ss has only one line of code ! $RenderGallery why is that ?
$RenderGallery is a special function used to load differnt themes for the same module.
* $RenderGallery(SGalleryThemeName) will render the gallery using /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/SGalleryThemeName
* $RenderGallery alone will fall back to the default /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/Default

if you open /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/ you will see a list of folders which are the upcoming plugins for this module .
As I mentioned before, this is NOT finished yet, so please test using the default Plugin for now or help make new plugins using your best JQuery plugin .
Looking forward to hear your opinions ;)

Attached Files
aurum

6 August 2012 at 11:34pm

DesignerX.com.au, explain, please, how can I add a gallery to my template.

DesignerX.com.au

6 August 2012 at 11:58pm

Hi:
All you have to do is install the module & create a new SGallery page .you the gallery wil render with the default template .
Let me know if you need Team Viewer support ;)
How does it work ?
- Ok, extract the zip & copy the SGallery folder to the root of your SS install
- Copy MyTheme_SGallery to your /themes/ fiolder & rename it . Change the MyTheme part to the name of the currently used theme
- Now the hard part, SGallery.ss has only one line of code ! $RenderGallery why is that ?
$RenderGallery is a special function used to load differnt themes for the same module.
* $RenderGallery(SGalleryThemeName) will render the gallery using /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/SGalleryThemeName
* $RenderGallery alone will fall back to the default /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/Default

if you open /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/ you will see a list of folders which are the upcoming plugins for this module .

New update coming soon.

Neel

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 August 2012 at 12:01am

Is there any Image Gallery Module out yet which is compitible with SilverStripe 3.1?? anyone, please suggest...

DesignerX.com.au

13 August 2012 at 12:25am

Hi:
I have not had time to finish my module but I will post what i have :
- Basic template provided
- Pagination & ItemsPerPage limit can be edited from the CMS
- RenderSGallery(SGallery-Name) function to render the same gallery with a different template file . useful for showing the same images in the home page or side bar

** $RenderSGallery() Examples:
$RenderSGallery(Default) will look for SGallery-Default.ss template
$RenderSGallery(Nivo) will look for SGallery-Nivo.ss template

** for use on home page:
<% control page(SGallerypageURLSegment) %>
$RenderSGallery(Nivo)
<% end_control %>

many features & templates coming soon ;)

Attached Files
Go to Top