Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Working Gallery Plugin for SS 3

Go to End

106 Posts   13637 Views

aurum

Community Member, 5 Posts

25 July 2012 at 4:21am

Is there a working gallery plugin for SS 3 ? I need a slider on my frontpage...

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

1 August 2012 at 3:00am

Nothing yet !!
I will be making a basic gallery soon & I will post it here.. Let me know if you still need it ?

aurum

4 August 2012 at 4:40am

It would be great if you could post the plugin here!

DesignerX.com.au

6 August 2012 at 12:09am

Hi:
I am still working on my module .. its missing some features but I will post what I have here .
It does not have much comments so feel free to ask me anything you want on this topic or on the IRC ;)

Module name : SGallery
SubTheme is provided !Important

How does it work ?
- Ok, extract the zip & copy the SGallery folder to the root of your SS install
- Copy MyTheme_SGallery to your /themes/ fiolder & rename it . Change the MyTheme part to the name of the currently used theme
- Now the hard part, SGallery.ss has only one line of code ! $RenderGallery why is that ?
$RenderGallery is a special function used to load differnt themes for the same module.
* $RenderGallery(SGalleryThemeName) will render the gallery using /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/SGalleryThemeName
* $RenderGallery alone will fall back to the default /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/Default

if you open /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/ you will see a list of folders which are the upcoming plugins for this module .
As I mentioned before, this is NOT finished yet, so please test using the default Plugin for now or help make new plugins using your best JQuery plugin .
Looking forward to hear your opinions ;)

Attached Files
aurum

6 August 2012 at 11:34pm

DesignerX.com.au, explain, please, how can I add a gallery to my template.

DesignerX.com.au

6 August 2012 at 11:58pm

Hi:
All you have to do is install the module & create a new SGallery page .you the gallery wil render with the default template .
Let me know if you need Team Viewer support ;)
How does it work ?
- Ok, extract the zip & copy the SGallery folder to the root of your SS install
- Copy MyTheme_SGallery to your /themes/ fiolder & rename it . Change the MyTheme part to the name of the currently used theme
- Now the hard part, SGallery.ss has only one line of code ! $RenderGallery why is that ?
$RenderGallery is a special function used to load differnt themes for the same module.
* $RenderGallery(SGalleryThemeName) will render the gallery using /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/SGalleryThemeName
* $RenderGallery alone will fall back to the default /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/Default

if you open /themes/MyTheme_SGallery/templates/Layout/SGallery-Plugins/ you will see a list of folders which are the upcoming plugins for this module .

New update coming soon.

Neel

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 August 2012 at 12:01am

Is there any Image Gallery Module out yet which is compitible with SilverStripe 3.1?? anyone, please suggest...

DesignerX.com.au

13 August 2012 at 12:25am

Hi:
I have not had time to finish my module but I will post what i have :
- Basic template provided
- Pagination & ItemsPerPage limit can be edited from the CMS
- RenderSGallery(SGallery-Name) function to render the same gallery with a different template file . useful for showing the same images in the home page or side bar

** $RenderSGallery() Examples:
$RenderSGallery(Default) will look for SGallery-Default.ss template
$RenderSGallery(Nivo) will look for SGallery-Nivo.ss template

** for use on home page:
<% control page(SGallerypageURLSegment) %>
$RenderSGallery(Nivo)
<% end_control %>

many features & templates coming soon ;)

Attached Files
Go to Top