Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Working Gallery Plugin for SS 3

Go to End

106 Posts   30343 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

26 September 2012 at 1:09am

Thank you all for your support .
Soon i will wrap up what extra functions I have worked on & upload . It maybe few weeks from now but it will be something worth uploading.
markeaston : Thanks for your contribution , I will give it a test & add it to the collection :) I am on the IRC 24/7 so PM me if you have any questions or like to share code you are working on .
I am also working on a new SS3 theme using YAML CSS framework which has few custom classes to support it.it will help kick start small websites & should be ready in 3-4 weeks as I improve on it with each new project .

Thanks again .

markeaston

Community Member, 11 Posts

26 September 2012 at 1:34am

Edited: 26/09/2012 1:35am

The other thign I should add is that I didn't quite get to adding captions with that upload but might be able to provide an update later - tight deadlines :)

One feature request which you may have thought about is the ability to upload multiple images at once. That's currently a bit of a pain

Cheers

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

26 September 2012 at 1:59am

Hi,
Multiple image uploads is kinda limited for now. becasue each "Image" is a DataObject which has a Titile,Caption & so on, there is no Module or GridField component to allow adding multiple dataobjects in a row .

There is multiple Image upload but limited to uploading just images , so each image will not have tittle or caption fields . but yeah, multiple image upload is on the ToDo list for sure :)

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

14 October 2012 at 2:52pm

Hi all,
I don't have a gallery 'module' but I have just written up some notes on how to use the grid field to create your own gallery.
It uses the sortable plugin + the bulkupload plugin to a create a gallery that is orderable, and lets you upload multiple images at a time.

The sample template code is pretty simple - but hey -that's for the site designer to get creative with!

http://www.silverstriperesources.com/articles/how-to-make-a-photo-gallery-in-silverstripe-3

JonShutt

14 October 2012 at 4:13pm

After posting that, I also decided to package the files as a module - so here is a working (or should be!) image gallery plugin for SS3

http://www.silverstriperesources.com/modules/silvestripe-3-gallery-plugin-module/

if anyone finds any issues please let me know

bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

18 October 2012 at 8:11am

Hi Futureweb,

Thanks for posting that tutorial, great work.

Have you tried it out on SS 3.0.2 yet as I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Admin throws an error when changing and saving the page type from 'Page' to 'GalleryPage - have all the modules installed >Sortable & GridFieldTools but no joy, getting the following error flash up in the top righthand corner of Admin

Warning at line 633 of /Users/Bodkin/Documents/current projects/www-ss3/framework/view/SSViewer.php

- any ideas :o/

JonShutt

18 October 2012 at 8:48am

Hi, yes, I've been using 3.0.2.

In the pages list - is the gallery page there - and if you roll over does the tooltip say 'page type: gallery page'.
If so - take a look at the url of the page, and type it direct into the browser - eg "yoursite.com/admin/pages/edit/show/6"

If you have dev mode turned on, I find it's often clearer to see a problem by going to the page directly rather than letting SS load it in using javascript.

another thing you can try doing is go to yoursite.com/admin/?flush=all

bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

18 October 2012 at 9:24am

Hiya, thanks for the quick reply! :o)

Yes, can pick the gallery template from the drop down and it saves no problem, but when you go to click back on the content tab it comes up with an error. If I then go to another page and then go back to the gallery page it does not load and the following error comes up now.

None of these templates can be found in theme '': GridFieldSortableRows.ss

I have even copied GridFieldSortableRows.ss into the theme folder and run dev/build and then flush=all but it still comes up with the same error :o/

At a bit of a loss :o/