Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Working Gallery Plugin for SS 3

Go to End

106 Posts   30343 Views

bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

18 October 2012 at 9:50am

Okay panic over,

Took all the modules out of the root, re downloaded and started again. This time I installed GridFieldBulkEditingTools & SortableGridField first and then installed your Gallery module and it seems to have cleared it's throat.

So only can guess that either one of the zips got corrupted during download or installing those two modules first then running yours made the difference.

Sorry to have troubled you & thanks for your time & for a great working gallery module, really appreciate you doing this.

Cheers once again,
Adam.

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

18 October 2012 at 10:45am

Great - I'll check that out. But i'll make a note on the installation notes to install sortable, then gridfieldbulkediting, then the gallery in sequence, with a dev/build/?flush=all after adding each module....

bod

18 October 2012 at 11:26am

Yes, probably no harm,

- you might think about submitting it to the Silverstripe modules page too (and list the dependencies) as it's the only SS3 Gallery I've come across in an exhaustive search that actually works with the current SS 3.0.2 release. (I had to Google and by chance got to this thread - even after trying the forums own search!)

Once again thanks for all the work you've put into this, nice one! :o)

cwsoft

Community Member, 57 Posts

18 October 2012 at 6:31pm

Edited: 18/10/2012 6:33pm

@bod:

as it's the only SS3 Gallery I've come across in an exhaustive search that actually works with the current SS 3.0.2 release
I am pretty sure it's not the only working gallery module for SilverStripe 3.0.2, as you can see here :-)

It's somewhat different in handling and target audience than the Gallery Plugin, but also working with SilverStripe 3.x is .

The SilverStripes modules page is currently in complete rewrite and will be updated according my knowledge with SilverStripe 3.1. I sumbitted my module to the modules page a month ago, but I doubt it will be listed before the rewrite is completed.

Cheers cwsoft

Optic Blaze

Community Member, 190 Posts

21 October 2012 at 11:49am

Edited: 21/10/2012 11:52am

Hi there,

I took Future Web's gallery plugin and added pretty photo to it if you guys are interested.
Thanks to pretty photo the front end allows for:
- Thumbnails within the popup version of the photo
- Full description in the pop up
- Slideshow type play and pause functionality

Still a work in progress but is fully functional.

@Futureweb... it would be nice if we could bulk import from the filestore as well. At the moment you can only bulk upload and not bulk attach. Also would be nice if the bulk uploaded photos size can be predefined eg 800 px wide. I have some of my users that upload 4mb files without resizing.

Anyway..thanks for the hard work...you're a lifesaver

Attached Files
bod

21 October 2012 at 12:05pm

@cwsoft:
Yes, of course you are right to correct me - I did take a look at your module but the client needs to have image upload functionality in the page rather than the assets/files tab - sorry for not stating that in my original post, hope I didn't cause offence, none intended, anyone willing to create a mod for the community deserves recognition - apologies.

@Futureweb:

Quick question for you..

Trying to use an 'if' statement so that if is a gallery or there are gallery images, the html with a <ul> shows and if not, a static image (from a function I've written) shows instead.

Have tried the following logic - if GalleryImage, if GalleryImages, if Gallery - but not getting any joy :o/ any idea what statement call I need to apply for this to work?

Cheers for any light you can shed.

bod

21 October 2012 at 12:28pm

@Futureweb,

Okay, sorted it, 'if GalleryImages' does work - just had some other logic breaking it's scope, sorry to trouble you.

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

22 October 2012 at 3:26am

Edited: 22/10/2012 3:27am

Thank you for the link to the SS3 Gallery Module. And for the gallery module itself. I don't know who it is who is maintaining the silverstriperesources page but the links to the SortableGridField and GridfieldBulkEditingTools are putting "http://www.silverstriperesources.com/modules/silverstripe-3-gallery-plugin-module/# " at the start of the linked url so don't work.

Easy enough to get to the correct page, of course but just thought someone should know.