I have tried what you suggested, but somehow the images are not displayed and the <div id="galleryArea">... </div> is also not displayed in the source code. I did a new install again. Installed the 3 files in the correct order. Added a page, uploaded a few images as a bulk upload and again this works perfectly, but the page does not show one of the uploaded images :(.
I am running the test website on a local install on my Mac, but I guess this should not make a difference. Any idea?
I have been working on the image gallery module that Futureweb started and combined it with Nicolaas Francken's 'basic image gallery' that was built for silverstripe 2.4. It utilizes the sortable grid field that Thierry Francois (Colymba) created.
I liked the idea of the Bulk Image uploader but did not like that all my photos got put in one big folder. I though Nicolaas' solution was quite elegant.
This version of the module now works as follows:
1) Upload images to a folder in your file store
2) Create your image gallery and select the folder in the filestore where your images are situated
3) Hit save and publish and wham! you have a image gallery.
4) It takes the names of the jpegs etc and automatically makes that your image's Title
5) Works with prettyPhoto jquery plugin
6) Allows for drag and drop reordering
7) Allows for album description
8) Allows for full description of image
@Futureweb ... would be nice if we somehow edit the descriptions etc in bulk...i have no idea how to do this.
Couple of questions with this. How do I modify the size of the thumbnails and other items? Also, is it possible to put the gallery into an existing page like it fits into a separate div? I'm a newb, so be gentle :p
I had the same problem with pretty photo. If you look closely you are busy trying to call the $Description of the $Image control and not of the $getGalleryImages control. $Image does not have a description. To fix this i did the following in pretty photo: