Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Working Gallery Plugin for SS 3

Go to End

106 Posts   30343 Views

mhdesign

Community Member, 216 Posts

24 March 2014 at 3:45pm

Edited: 24/03/2014 4:47pm

OK - another gallery, different site, strange error...

Loaded up ss3Gallery, SortableGridField and GridFieldBulkEditingTools. Have the Image Gallery tab in the CMS, can go through to upload screens and Bulk Upload images -- however I am unable to set up a destination folder.

Image Gallery doesn't do this automatically, nor can I set up a folder and point to it.

The end result is I get a 'Not Found' error, combined with the message 'Please Wait... Upload in progress..." running in perpetuity.

Firebug tells me:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost/SS-v3.1.3/index.php/admin/pages/edit/EditForm/field/GalleryImages/bulkimageupload/bulkImageUploadForm/field/BulkImageUploadField/fileexists?filename=Hackett.jpg"
fileex...ett.jpg

Anybody else had this??

mhdesign

25 March 2014 at 10:00am

Still sitting there spinning it's zarking wheels...

mhdesign

25 March 2014 at 10:14am

Does ss3Gallery have issues with SilverStripe v 3.1.3? Just did a clean install with default theme and it didn't work there either!!

mhdesign

25 March 2014 at 10:25am

Can also see a 'Show allowed extensions' link when Gallery is loaded into SS 3.1.3 that does not appear on earlier versions of SS 3??

Attached Files
Optic Blaze

Community Member, 190 Posts

25 March 2014 at 10:40am

Hi there,

Sounds like it is the version of GridField Bulk Editing Tools that is giving the problems.
You will need to get the latest build and install that. I have attached the latest version that i am running of it. Please note this has not been tested on 3.1.3 yet.

Attached Files
mhdesign

25 March 2014 at 12:18pm

Edited: 25/03/2014 12:18pm

OpticBlaze! To The Rescue - again!

Thanks for your help - dropped the new version of GridField tools in to my SS 3.1.3 install and gave it a whirl. Unfortunately I now have an Internal Server Error whenever I try to access Gallery pages in CMS. This may be because, being up against the inevitable publishing deadline, I fell back to SS 3.0.5 using the same DB from there, and have successfully uploaded gallery. I will have a crack back at SS 3.1.3 later, however and see how we go. Will post my results.

Thanks again!

mhdesign

24 April 2014 at 12:12pm

Edited: 24/04/2014 12:13pm

Another quirky little issue here - gallery set up and working well, but I'm the only one who can edit it. My client has 'Content Editor' (as opposed to administrator) permissions and we have just discovered they don't have access to existing galleries that I sent up as 'Administrator'. Is this a 'ownership' issue? How can I fix so that they can upload further images and add descriptions without giving them full administrator access? Anybody struck this?

mhdesign

30 April 2014 at 8:07pm

Edited: 30/04/2014 8:11pm

Righto, NOT HAPPY about this!! I've just dumped the gallery that I set up as an Administrator, logged out of site and gone back in as a Content Editor (my client's permissions) to set gallery up again, enter all subheads and descriptions in the hope that client can take it from there and edit at will. And guess what? HE CANT!!! He is able to upload images and descriptions but not able to edit image or description once uploaded. In fact he can't see anything in the CMS at all. In effect, as I see it, Content Editors only get one shot at uploading images and content to a gallery. If they make a typo or screw anything up they need to call God (the Site Admin) to sort things out for them.

What kind of malarky is this? Anybody can make a typo, and it would be really handy to be able to tweak things without calling on a higher power. If this gallery works just as I have described, can something be done to sort this issue so content editors can edit their own content (if I had the programming smarts I would attempt this but I don't - I'm but a humble front end designer).

If Content Editors do, in fact, have full editing capability I apologise for this outburst and ask if somebody can point me in the right direction.

ps Note the times of posting. I even had to re-edit this post myself!!