Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Compass module error

3 Posts   644 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1105 Posts

14 August 2012 at 4:02am

Edited: 14/08/2012 4:04am

Hi,

Can I use the Compass module from the browser url?

I installed it from here: https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-compass/, and I'm getting the following error:

Error converting /compasstest/css/test.css Error from css2sass was: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:323:in `bin_path': can't find gem css2sass (>= 0) (Gem::GemNotFoundException) from -e:6 Conversion succesfull.

I created a module compasstest, with a _config.php and a css directory holding a single file test.css. Then I visited: mydomain/dev/compass/convert?module=compasstest

The sass directory is created, but the converted file is not. The gems are installed in silverstripe-cache/gems/, the directories are writable. I've tried installing the compass files to a different folder, manually installing them, the result is always the same.

There is no css2sass file present, as far as I can see. What am I doing wrong? is it that I can't execute this from the browser URL? Should I use sake instead? Or is it something else?

[EDIT] I tried installing sake, but no luck with Debian Squeeze yet :-( ...

Thanks, Martine

Matty Balaam

Community Member, 69 Posts

14 August 2012 at 9:39pm

I already have my files as SCSS (you can convert them with online tools: http://css2sass.heroku.com/)

But I kept getting a "Sass is in the process of being separated from Haml" error with my files.

I needed to alter the required gems array to the following to get files to compile.

'yard' => '', 'maruku' => '', 'sass' => '~> 3.2', 'compass' => '~> 0.12.2', 'compass-colors' => ''

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1105 Posts

15 August 2012 at 4:58am

Thanks Matty, I'm happy to work with that link one for now :-) As for the rebuild from scss to css: that seems to work fine for me (using the newest from master).

I've sake working fine now - my bad for not reading the docs properly. But the error is still there, so I suppose it could either be a bug or some settings issue on my server. Maybe someone can reproduce this?

# sake dev/compass/convert --module=compasstest

Error converting /compasstest/css/test.css

Error from css2sass was:
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:323:in `bin_path': can't find gem css2sass (>= 0) (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
   from -e:6

Conversion succesfull