Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

cwsoft-foldergallery - image gallery for SilverStripe 3

Go to End

87 Posts   30020 Views

cwsoft

Community Member, 57 Posts

11 November 2012 at 8:41am

Hi,

just released cwsoft-foldergallery v2.7.0 at GitHub.

Updates since last version:
- merged French translations from Juanitou
- moved module configuration from _config.php to _config/settings.yml

Further details, screenshots and download via GitHub.
https://github.com/cwsoft/silverstripe-cwsoft-foldergallery#readme

Feedback welcome.

Cheers cwsoft

cwsoft

25 March 2013 at 6:22am

Hi,

just released cwsoft-foldergallery v2.7.1 at GitHub.

Updates since last version:
- prepared for usage with Composer
- fixed regressions with deprecated functions of future SS 3.1.0 release

Further details, screenshots and download via GitHub.
https://github.com/cwsoft/silverstripe-cwsoft-foldergallery#readme

Feedback welcome.

Cheers cwsoft

Lexandclo

Community Member, 55 Posts

26 March 2013 at 9:20am

Hi

Would anyone have a idea of how to use the grid sortable module on the admin area for the gallery

ie drag to reorder images in the C MS area

thanks in advance

Volion

Community Member, 1 Post

29 March 2013 at 12:39am

Edited: 29/03/2013 12:49am

Hi,
Thank you for the great module!
I have a question. How can I have russian language? I created files ru.yml and ru_RU.js in /lang and /javascript/lang folders and made a translation in them. And where should I tell the modul to use these language files? Or it's incorrect way at all? I mean to have russian translation on the ready page.
Thank you in advance.

cwsoft

29 March 2013 at 7:33am

Hi,

@Dazman1: Don't know if the grid sortable module allows to decorate file objects in the assets folder. The only supported sort options provided by the cwsoft-foldergallery is by creation date, last edited data and filename. Maybe somebody else can help you out.

@Volion: Happy you like my module. I normally set the default language for my project via the mysite/_config.php file (global) by adding: i18n::set_locale('ru_RU');

You could do the same, or try to put this line into the _config.php of the cwsoft module folder.

By the way. Would you mind to post your two Russian language file in the forum so I can add them to the module? Maybe other Russian users are interested in this module as well.

Regards cwsoft

Liquid Edge Creative

Community Member, 56 Posts

3 April 2013 at 11:45am

Edited: 03/04/2013 3:27pm

--SOLVED--

Turned out to be a site-wide problem caused by my upgrade of original 2.4 site to 3.0. As you were.

--

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to make this module available for the community.

Unfortunately I've hit a glitch that I can't solve: The colorbox functionality does not seem to be initiating properly. My gallery pages are not displaying a 'start slideshow' link and when I click a thumbnail image I get the image at the predefined large size (800px) with a dark full-page background but no colorbox controls. I have to click the back button of my browser to return to the gallery page.

Firebug is giving the following error on a gallery page: TypeError: $(...).colorbox is not a function, referring to line 52 of cwsoft-foldergallery.js:

cbox_closed: function()

Checking the rendered HTML, the various colorbox requirements initiated by the cwsFolderGalleryPage_Controller appear to be loading OK.

I've not uploaded to my testing server yet, this is all running on my local server. Have triple-checked the requirements and installation process and can't see anywhere I've gone wrong. Hope someone can help!

Folder Gallery version: 2.7.1
SS version 3.0.5
PHP version: 5.3.6 (MAMP)
Browser: Firefox 19.0.2

Thanks,

Dave

oldwrinkly

Community Member, 34 Posts

18 April 2013 at 8:03am

Hi
I am getting the same problem as `davepolyester`
no slideshow buttons, no previous / next buttons on full size image( is there meant to be? if not there should be)
and `colorbox is not a function` in firebug.

I am trying out SS v 3.1
I have turned off the header banner slideshow on the gallery pages as I seem to get jquery conflicts that `no conflict` does not seem to put right

Regards
Mike

Liquid Edge Creative

Community Member, 56 Posts

18 April 2013 at 9:12am

Hey Mike,

What solved it for me was making sure the script.js file from the default SS 3 'Simple' theme was included in my template. My own theme was essentially built from scratch for a site running on SS 2.3.7 but I used bits and pieces from the SImple theme to update it for SS 3 and make it a responsive layout.

I'm no JS expert but I suspect there was some breakdown in the scripts that prevented the JS for the gallery from working properly.

The following lines appear at the bottom of the page.ss file in the Simple theme:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$ThemeDir}/javascript/script.js"></script>

I simply added this to the bottom of my own theme's page.ss file and the gallery started working! Frankly I have no idea if my theme is actually making use of the code in script.js but I don't think that matters.

Hope that helps.

Dave